spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rob316
join:2005-10-17
Carteret, NJ

rob316

[Connectivity] Not getting updated speeds on Performance tier

Hi I currently have Performance tier internet. I have heard that most of the Northeast (I live in NJ) has been updated to double the speed. I went home rebooted by cable modem (MOTOROLA SB6141) that I own as well as my Cisco wireless N router. After everything came back up I am still only get a max of 27 Down and 5 up.

Since I own the modem is their anything else I need to do?

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

The Northeast does not have a Performance tier upgrade at this time.

Performance is still 25/5 in all areas.

The only reason why the IL and similar markets have 50/10 "Performance" is because it's part of a bundle free upgrade to Blast. Those markets have technically not received a tier increase. They're only getting free upgrades to the next tier if on certain bundles.

The Northeast upgrade increases Blast to 105/10 and Extreme to 150/20. These upgrades do not require you to be in a bundle.

cheeseman
@comcast.net

cheeseman

Anon

What darknessfall said. There are two speed changes right now:

Mostly nationally, customers on certain triple play packages over whatever price point get a speed boost to the next tier. If your bundle came with performance when you signed up, it will now come with blast.

In the Northeast, all blast customers, regardless of package, get 105/10, and all extreme customers get 150/20.

There's also yet a third option where some performance customers can get a $10 upgrade to blast in some areas.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal to Darknessfall

MVM

to Darknessfall
Proof would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
I hear an echoed concept containing the word "certain;" e.g., "certain bundles" and "certain triple play packages." Can anyone elaborate on this? It isn't "certain" to me at this point.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

3 edits

4 recommendations

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Click for full size
Northeast TP Offerings
Click for full size
Northeast Internet Only
Click for full size
First Batch(IL) TP
Click for full size
First First Batch(IL) Internet Only
said by Sunny:

I hear an echoed concept containing the word "certain;" e.g., "certain bundles" and "certain triple play packages." Can anyone elaborate on this? It isn't "certain" to me at this point.

In the first batch of markets(which includes IL and others), Performance is 25/5, Blast is 50/10, and Extreme is 105/20. Certain bundles and triple play packages are giving users the next highest tier for free. For example, in IL, Performance is 25/5, but Starter XF Triple Play will include 50/10 as a free upgrade. If you look in the discussion thread, there were people who say had Blast in their bundle, but had "Extreme" listed on their bill as an extra for $0. These free little upgrades required you to be on the main triple play or double play packages. Some double plays such as internet + phone do not receive this bump and Performance has 25/5 and Blast 50/10 unless you get it by luck.

Now take the second batch of markets(Northeast). Now, Performance is 25/5, Blast is 105/10, and Extreme is 105/20. This market received "real" tier bumping compared to the first batch. This upgrade batch does not require you to be in a bundle to get upgraded speeds. The reason why upload speeds haven't increased(like in the first batch) is because the tiers were upgraded instead of us just being upgraded to the next tier. In my picture above, the Starter XF with 105 Mbps is because it has Blast.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

OK, thanks. I think?

I'm glad you're the one who needs to be able to follow all that 'cause it kind of makes my head hurt.

I guess we left coasters still need to wait and see whether our triple play or double play packages are "main triple play" or not and, if so, whether they even get the "free little upgrades" like the first batch did.

Unless someone has info from a crystal ball they want to share.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 recommendation

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by Sunny:

OK, thanks. I think?

I'm glad you're the one who needs to be able to follow all that 'cause it kind of makes my head hurt.

I guess we left coasters still need to wait and see whether our triple play or double play packages are "main triple play" or not and, if so, whether they even get the "free little upgrades" like the first batch did.

Unless someone has info from a crystal ball they want to share.

Considering how last years Performance upgrades went, there were three different types of Performance tiers at once lol. The last Performance upgrade bump, Northeast had 20/4(actual of 23/4.5) sustained, another area had 25/5(actual of 28/5.5), and another had 25/5, but had actual speeds of 30/6.5. They eventually became a little closer over the past few months :P.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to Darknessfall

MVM

to Darknessfall
Thanks a lot bud for updating this. It may help quite a few who are confused with the upgrade.