spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Alittlegreen
join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen

Obi 302 not getting an ip address = me losing my hair

Sooo the my new Obi 302 has been very busy driving me nuts.

I pressed the reset button for 15 secs to start it from scratch last night. Light turn red, I thought I would be good to go to start setting everything up. Not so...

The Obi's power light is simply green flashing. The ethernet light flashes too. and when I pick up the phone I do get dial tone. So I tried dialing *** followed by 1 , and the device tells me that my ip address is not assigned, and that dhcp is turned on. Argh...

Naturally, I logged into the router and dhcp is checked on. All other devices get an IP address assigned to them too.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

I had the same issue before with my obi100.

They sent me a warranty replacement unit after it won't get an IP address.

WillRegSoon
@optonline.net

WillRegSoon to Alittlegreen

Anon

to Alittlegreen
The same happened to me last year trying to get my new Obi 110 up and working. Nothing I tried worked. Nobody could resolve it, not the VOIP company I was anxious to signup with, not even on the Obihai Forum.
Never found a solution.
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

1 edit

OzarkEdge to Alittlegreen

to Alittlegreen
The Obi admin guide says:

"LED Pattern When Hardware Reset Button Is Pressed for Ten (10) Seconds:
Power LED blinks green slowly for 5 seconds and fast for 4 seconds preceding unit reboot."

Perhaps any passing red light is a momentary non-operational state while rebooting.

The Obi ata defaults to router mode. With the ata WAN port connected to your router, it should secure an IP address from your router DHCP server. With your PC connected to the ata LAN port, you should be able to access its web management at 192.168.10.1 or the IP assigned by your site router. The Obi's web management cannot be accessed from its WAN port in default router mode.

Once you access the ata web management from its LAN port, you can set LAN Settings - Lan Settings::OperationMode = Bridge to disable its router (it becomes a 3 port switch, 1 port internal). Then you can reconnect your PC to your site router and manage the ata over your LAN. I set my site router to assign a static IP to the ata for convenience, 192.168.1.11.

OE
scooper
join:2000-07-11
Kansas City, KS
·Google Fiber

scooper to Alittlegreen

to Alittlegreen
From the CallCentric guide on the OBI202

Dial *** from the phone connected to the OBi202
Enter 30#
Press 1 to Enter a New Value
Press 1# to Enable
Press 1 to Save
Hang up

This will enable the webpage access from the WAN (Internet) port.

Is the WAN port on the Obi302 plugged into your router or your ISP modem ?
If it is YOUR router - you should get an IP pretty quick (especially after a factory reset).

If you're plugging the OBI into your Cable modem (and possibly DSL modem) - you may need to powercycle those as well as your OBI (and in that case - you do NOT want to enable WAN access.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev to Alittlegreen

Premium Member

to Alittlegreen
said by Alittlegreen:

the device tells me that my ip address is not assigned, and that dhcp is turned on.

We often hear about this when our customers connect the LAN port of their OBi302 to the router instead of the Internet port.

Have you double checked to make sure that you've connected the BLUE port to your router?
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

OzarkEdge to scooper

to scooper
said by scooper:

From the CallCentric guide on the OBI202

Dial *** from the phone connected to the OBi202
Enter 30#
Press 1 to Enter a New Value
Press 1# to Enable
Press 1 to Save
Hang up

This will enable the webpage access from the WAN (Internet) port.

It is possible to enable WAN side web management access in router mode, but the OP has a site router and likely doesn't need the ata router enabled. So, recommended first startup steps using PC on ata LAN port:

System Management (update and reset firmware to factory default)
Device Update - Firmware Update::update current firmware (while on a UPS; power LED will flash orange)
o Reboot automatically
Device Update - Reset Configuration::select and reset all options (CAUTION: This will restore the factory default configuration, same as for the hardware reset button.)
o Reboot automatically

Router Configuration (disable the router)
WAN Settings - Time Service Settings::LocalTimeZone = local timezone
LAN Settings - Lan Settings::OperationMode = Bridge
o Reboot
o For Bridge mode (3-port switch with 1-port internal), connect PC to site router LAN port (ata LAN port is not used).

Then proceed to configure the current default configuration.

OE

Alittlegreen
join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to Trev

to Trev
said by Trev:

We often hear about this when our customers connect the LAN port of their OBi302 to the router instead of the Internet port.

Have you double checked to make sure that you've connected the BLUE port to your router?

I'm trying to remember; the back of the Obihai was on the blue port labeled "internet". That cable ran to the back of the router to one of the 4 lan ports. At least I think so. Boy that would be pretty amateur hourish if that's not how I connected it. Will definitely double check it.
Alittlegreen

1 edit

Alittlegreen

What a pain... turns out ether cable doesn't like to be tugged too hard. At least not when it's going through the wall.

Ended up taking the obi right next to the router. Used a short little 2 footer. And within seconds the power light was solid green. Do la the ***1 and presto. "Your IP is blah blah blah."

Thank you all very very much!!