All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

glnz
join:2006-11-26
New York, NY

glnz

[Email] Does Heartbleed affect Verizon.net email?

Does Heartbleed affect Verizon.net email?

Is it in the Verizon servers receiving, holding and sending my email on verizon.net?

What news from Verizon?

tl9
join:2005-05-23
MA

tl9

Likely...

Simple Explanation:

»www.npr.org/blogs/alltec ··· xplained

More info:

»heartbleed.com/

glnz
New York, NY

glnz

tl9 - thanks for links to a general description of the problem. However, I had already read both.

The question is whether the big servers hosting verizon.net email have been affected - yes or no?   Not maybe, but yes or no?

If yes, what do we do, and when should we do it?

Only 100% hard answers here - no more academic nonsense.

Thanks.

tl9
join:2005-05-23
MA

tl9

Only Verizon can answer definitively...

glnz
New York, NY

glnz

The question is whether the big servers hosting verizon.net email have been affected - yes or no? Not maybe, but yes or no?

If yes, what do we do, and when should we do it?

Only 100% hard answers here - no more academic nonsense.

Thanks.
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw

As tl9 mentioned, without access to the management tools or the servers directly, we can't know if they are running affected versions of OpenSSL.

One easy indicator (mainly for work/corporate accounts) is that if something's running Microsoft Exchange, it is not vulnerable because it's not running OpenSSL.

Though, I doubt Verizon.net is an Exchange account.

glnz
New York, NY

glnz

Thanks to posters above, but I'm still waiting for a definitive answer.

Are the verizon.net servers for our verizon.net email vulnerable?

Verizon - how can you be this obtuse? What's the actual story here?
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw

You could call them, or ask in their direct forum: »Verizon Direct

glnz
New York, NY

glnz

coryw - I did a few days ago. No response so far.

lazy
@verizon.net

lazy to glnz

Anon

to glnz
»filippo.io/Heartbleed/#w ··· izon.net and »possible.lv/tools/hb/?do ··· izon.net say its all good.

Verizon POP3 server is running SUN Messaging Server possibly on SPARC hardware so i doubt it would be affected as the OpenSSL version might be below 1.0.1f and the build mentions 2006 as the release year i believe (check your email source headers for the details).
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by lazy :

»filippo.io/Heartbleed/#w ··· izon.net and »possible.lv/tools/hb/?do ··· izon.net say its all good.

Verizon POP3 server is running SUN Messaging Server possibly on SPARC hardware so i doubt it would be affected as the OpenSSL version might be below 1.0.1f and the build mentions 2006 as the release year i believe (check your email source headers for the details).

FYI the links you provide deal with http, not POP3 or SMTP. The POP3 information looks correct to me.