Search similar:

uniqs
awebber
Premium Member
join:2003-04-02
Gloucester, ON

awebber

Premium Member

[Internet] Is Rogers still offering a $45/plan to new customers?

Thinking of signing up with Rogers for internet (currently have no internet or TV with anyone). When I asked back in Nov/Dec, they offered me something like 30/3/300GB for about $45/mo, including modem/router rental, no setup fee, no activation fee, no commitment, etc. At the time the package was being discussed here as a WinBack plan, but they offered it to me on Live Chat as a new customer without prompting.

No way am I paying $52/mo (+$25 up-front) for 10/1/25 or $77/mo (+$25 up-front) for 30/5/270, so I think if Rogers doesn't have an aggressive unadvertised plan I'll go back to TekSavvy, but I may have this for only a short time, in which case TSI's up-front costs narrow the gap.

I haven't ruled out Bell (or third-party) DSL, but I think the phone wiring in the house may need repair, so I thought I'd start with cable for now. Had TSI cable in 2011-12, so I know the cable is (or should be) good.

Thanks!
=aw
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

Since Rogers has announced new Internet packages, I think that your hope for "something like 30/3/300GB for about $45/mo" has fallen by the wayside!

alex5908
join:2010-10-11
York, ON

alex5908 to awebber

to awebber
I am expecting a tech to come to install CGN2 tomorrow as 25/3 mbps package with 300 gigs cap for $45/month and free rental of CGN2.
awebber
Premium Member
join:2003-04-02
Gloucester, ON

awebber to Hooter

Premium Member

to Hooter
I'd say it's teetering on the wayside.

Did a Live Chat and got a pretty sad offer from Rogers presented as a great Live Chat offer. Mentioned the deal they offered me in November, and how uncompetitive a nominal discount for 3 months is, the agent went away and said they'd give me the old offer. I actually hadn't mentioned it originally, not because I thought there was any chance of better, but because I assumed (as you suggested) there was no way I'd get it.

They said it's 30/3/300, which wasn't a real package and isn't now, so I won't be at all surprised if it turns out to be 25/3/300, though I'll be disappointed.

I feel bad about not going back to TekSavvy, but I needed to do this now and if TSI can work out their new HF10/30/60 rates soon, I can consider switching to TSI (for either new plans or old plans). Going with TSI now for Cable25 or Cable35 would have made HF30 a non-option.

Thank you both for the advice and the data points.
=aw
Expand your moderator at work