spc
Search similar:

uniqs
GibbyGano
join:2006-05-01
Iowa City, IA

GibbyGano

Internet Dropping out All Day

Since I came home form work at 1PM, my internet has gone out about 5 times. This happened about 2-3 weeks ago and it's happening exactly the same way again. Please tell me this is going to be fixed and I don't have to deal with it all weekend.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I have looked over your connection as well as in the area and I am not seeing any issues like what was previously occurring.
GibbyGano
Iowa City, IA

GibbyGano

Restarted it a couple times today. Keeps reoccurring. I have changed nothing about my setup and speeds are good when the internet is up.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'm not currently seeing any disconnects. The modem is showing online for a few days now. When you experience these issues do any of the lights change on the modem itself? Have you tried bypassing any networking equipment like a wireless router, switch, hub etc.? These could be causing drops in your connection as well.
GibbyGano
Iowa City, IA

GibbyGano

The modem actually resets. All lights turn off and the modem re-syncs each time. Just happened again about 2 minutes ago. Seems to happen during the daytime hours until around 6-8PM and then works fine.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thank you for this information GibbyGano. Is the modem plugged directly into the wall? As I'm not showing any signal issues it's possible the modem has gone bad. If needed, you can replace the modem at the local office for testing purposes.
GibbyGano
Iowa City, IA

GibbyGano

Just went out again for an extended period of time. We have a tech scheduled for Thursday. If it were bad would it only be intermittent? It works a lot of the time with good speeds, it just likes to go out over and over at certain times of day.
tdawg
join:2012-01-09
Des Moines, IA

tdawg to GibbyGano

to GibbyGano
My internet at home and at work has been out for the last hour called and reported an outage at work so we will see what happens

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to GibbyGano

Premium Member

to GibbyGano
It could very well be the modem as it is rebooting without showing signs of signals being out of range. Typically when that is the case you're really down to a few possibilities. The modem itself, the power cable, or where the modem is plugged in. Typically you'll want to have the modem directly connected to a wall outlet making sure to bypass any power strips, adapters, battery backups etc. If the issue persists with this setup then it is very likely the modem is starting to go bad.