Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK

Premium Member

PSA about the perils of bad driving? New Zealand style....

Probably one of the best PSA type commercials I've ever seen.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· aTupw-hk

The Feels....

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

My problem is that there's so many stupid people making mistakes all the time. When will they learn?

amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium Member
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

amenite to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
Best one I ever saw many years ago late night (and I wish i had taped it), was a couple driving slowly on some two lane road, taking in the scenic beauty, and a guy tries to pass them on a curve or some such and gets it head on from another vehicle. A cautionary tale about slow driving, it was pretty funny actually, exact opposite of 99% of these things.

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
Damn. That is good. Points for the Kiwis. Way ahead of us on this score.

redxii
Mod
join:2001-02-26
Michigan
Asus RT-AC3100
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2

2 recommendations

redxii to amenite

Mod

to amenite
I see a lot of comments on the subject and usually the people that speak out say that slow (speed limit could be slow to them) drivers are the problem. I tend to drive the speed limit for economical reasons and people diss that because they don't see gains in ONE trip. Occasionally I do 5 over but even that is not enough for some people.

Everyone makes their own decisions to tailgate or pass. They are in no way obligated when it isn't avoid any accident they just don't like the speed of the driver in front. If they want to waste their gas they are free to do so. I wasn't born to please other drivers either.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to KrK

to KrK
106.1 thats way too fast or am i reading it wrong?

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

LOL. In NZ, like most countries in the world outside North America, they use the metric system. So that'd be 106.1 kph or 66mph (mph = kph / 1.609).

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to redxii

to redxii
I drive the speed limit religiously and watch my fuel economy on the LCD display. It's safer and I get better gas mileage. No rabbit starts and I anticipate the traffic and stop lights ahead so there's very little waste.

Blob

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK

Premium Member

And here's some from Australia....

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· bAgmE3N4

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 3CzSONiU

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

They need to run a campaign of look left the right then left again before your dumb ass steps out into traffic.

skipon11
Premium Member
join:2005-06-09
Pittsburgh, PA

skipon11 to amenite

Premium Member

to amenite
No,that was a cautionary tale about being in a hurry and passing at the wrong time!

amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium Member
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

amenite

Premium Member

It's been a long time, but I am fairly certain the gist of it was to not be a slow poke. I searched around a bit and couldn't find it. Hopefully it turns up somewhere down the line.

sandman9r
Premium Member
join:2003-11-09
Franklin Square, NY

sandman9r to Duramax08

Premium Member

to Duramax08
That's not true at all. I hate when I hear this. In reality, if you go for a typical drive, out of the 2,000 or so vehicles you'll encounter, maybe two or three will do a bonehead move. And if you're a good defensive driver you should spot and avoid the mistakes even before they happen.

Most drivers on the road actually drive well. Everyone stops at red lights, drives on the right side of the road, stays at or near the speed limit, yields, etc.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

This doesn't help either.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fi ··· _Antonio