uniqs

Cheeseman
@comcast.net

1 recommendation

Cheeseman to grantsa4

Anon

to grantsa4

Re: [X1-X2] Re: How to upgrade to x2 guide

It's not the X2 guide. There will never be a consumer product called the X2 guide. The current guide is the "new guide on X1".

The old guide has yellow outlines and a slight beveled look. The new guide is completely flat with larger fonts and blue outlines.

The same code will switch you between, although since you are getting a new box you will likely start with the new guide and not be able to change it.
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Ok, cool. Thanks

Cheeseman
@comcast.net

1 recommendation

Cheeseman

Anon

The other important thing, which I assume is why you said "I am assuming it will have the standard x1 guide", is that none of this software is running on your cable box.

The guide is basically a fancy website, built with HTML/CSS/JS and hosted on a cloud server somewhere. This is different from the iGuide boxes, which are running the blue iGuide software and download and store the listings from the server.
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

I did not realise that. That's pretty cool!

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr to Cheeseman

Anon

to Cheeseman
then why does 9896 spell x two?

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

It's an internal code name.

MDA
Auto Negotiating
Premium Member
join:2013-09-10
Minneapolis, MN
Netgear CM600
Asus RT-AC66U B1

1 edit

MDA to Cheeseman

Premium Member

to Cheeseman
said by Cheeseman :

The same code will switch you between, although since you are getting a new box you will likely start with the new guide and not be able to change it.

You CAN change between the old and new guide even on the new Arris (blue light box with no audio dropouts) X1 DVR. In my opinion, the new guide seems a lot more refined and easy to navigate around so there'd be no reason for me to have to change it.
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

I've just read lots of mixed reviews. Some really like it. Some really dislike, so wanted to know my options after I play around with it for a bit

wolf
@74.121.100.x

wolf

Anon

The biggest issue is that fixes don't stay fixed & vice versa, in other words it's not stable yet. It's something that can be lived with but I guess that also depends on your expectations.