share rss forum feed

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

3 edits

T-Mobile - Free 1.2GB iPad Data Plan w/ Voice Service

Just a PSA for anybody that has T-Mobile voice service and an LTE enabled iPad (or other tablet) - starting today they reduced the price of the 1GB plan to $10/month until next January. If you have voice service through T-Mobile, you also get a $10/month discount on mobile internet plans, making it free. Add in the 200MB base plan and all that works out to 1.2GB/month for free.

I was previously using the 200MB "Pay In Advance" plan on my iPad mini, so I swapped in another SIM card that was not tied to any account. Went through the prompts under Settings > Cellular Data to add the iPad to my voice account and within 3 minutes had everything all setup. Was surprisingly simple.

Even Personal Hotspot works now - pretty nice.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
Does this apply to prepaid via T-Mobile?

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
Think you need to have a post-paid voice account (Simple Choice plan).
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Thinkdiff
I am a T-Mobile customer with the Simple Choice plan. I had wanted to purchase a new pad to replace my aging iPad 2. Took my iPad to T-Mobile and walked out with an iPad Air for just $389.00 which is the 4G LTE version. $0 down and just $16.00 a month to have it which I will pay off in a couple of months anyway. Plus get 1.2 gig every month for the rest of the year. And after that, I'll still get 200 mb every month plus the 2.5 gig tethering that T-Mobile gives. I'm saving close to $900 a year now having switched from ATT. Service for me is very good.

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net
reply to Thinkdiff
thanks for the heads up--I just made the change on my account.

Now, if only T-mobile would deploy spectrum in the lower frequencies they bought from AT&T so my battery wasn't draining 2x as fast...
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.