Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

[Help] KitKat update on LG G2 overrides call blocking !!

I thought I was losing my marbles about numbers I put on the phone's "block" list still ringing through but NO - they still are. Phone physically rings AND forces me to choose answer, decline with message or decline -- despite the full 10-digits in the block calls section of the phone. T-mobile agent (supervisor) verified it as well and has (supposedly) sent it as an issue to LG regarding KitKat.

Right now I'm using "Mr. N*mber", but does anyone have any recommendations for call blocking? I just got this phone 6 weeks ago and it seems all the scammy telemarketers are crawling out from under rocks, lol.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Just updated to kitkat on my Verizon G2 so I can't say yet whether it's carrier dependent or not. I do have one number in my blocked calls list that calls nearly every day so it won't take long to find out

FWIW, I used Mr Number with my Droid Razr (didn't have a good way of blocking numbers that I found) and it seems to work great. Can block people from texting you as well so that may be a plus for some.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

I don't believe it's carrier related but I'll be interested to know what you learn with Verizon. As I think I posted, T-mobile tech tested the call blocking on the LG G2 with both the 'old' version (call was blocked and did NOT ring through) and then with another LG G2 with KitKat -- call rang right through.

I'm trying out Mr. Number but I'd really like to use the phone's feature.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Well the phones are slightly modified (thanks Verizon....). FWIW, the number I have blocked (forwarded to voicemail) has called me twice that I've seen (it logs it in the notifications) and both times it never rang and did exactly as it was supposed to. Not sure what to make of it.