uniqs

Robert4
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

Robert4 to Anav

Premium Member

to Anav

Re: [Hockey] Official NHL Playoff thread and poll.

said by Anav:

How many players has Cooke ruined????? Its a wonder he doesnt get crucified everytime he steps on the ice. Oh yeah this is the modern NHL.

He did good job for a while. Really gave me hope he was reformed. Give him 50 games, scare the crap out of the other goons.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by Robert4:

He did good job for a while. Really gave me hope he was reformed. Give him 50 games, scare the crap out of the other goons.

He did a good job of covering up / getting away with his dirty play (ahem.....EK65 tendon cut), but he's not a goon he's a gutless cheapshot punk who needs a few more of these:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Sp-WndwA

Matt Cooke is a menace to other players. Period. He needs to miss regular season games as missing playoff games doesn't cost the player a dime even if it does 'hurt' the team by him not playing.

Here's something that'll make your stomach turn: he's making $3M for the next two seasons. For real.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

I still think Marc Savard should have sued Cooke and the Penguins for the early end to his career.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Robert4

Premium Member

to Robert4
said by Robert4:

agreed...he's had his share of chances...time to say goodbye.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Habs won 4-3, series 4-0. Lightning is out.
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by TigerLord:

Wonder how much the refs made in the last two games

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to ZZZZZZZ

MVM

to ZZZZZZZ
This is the first time in 21 years that the habs have swept a playoff series, when they beat Buffalo by the same score (4-3) as they did tonight. Could this also be the first time in 21 years that the Habs win the stanley cup, as they did in 1993?

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by Guspaz:

This is the first time in 21 years that the habs have swept a playoff series, when they beat Buffalo by the same score (4-3) as they did tonight. Could this also be the first time in 21 years that the Habs win the stanley cup, as they did in 1993?

No.
said by Doonz:

said by TigerLord:

Wonder how much the refs made in the last two games

lol. All these playoff games are so screwed up. Worst reffing, off side calls...etc...etc...
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Brutal call on TB that gives the Habs a PP goal...
vue666

to ZZZZZZZ
Click for full size
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon to vue666

to vue666
said by vue666:

Brutal call on TB that gives the Habs a PP goal...

why brutal. it was a clean call.

he took the legs and skates with his skate any ref would of called it.
LastDon

LastDon to Doonz

to Doonz
yes it was a conspiracy just like the hand goal scored by tampa as well..
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned) to LastDon

to LastDon
Why not call Bourque for mugging him? Both should have been called....

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Habs should send the Leafs a case of beer for taking out Tampa's goalie Bishop just a few games before the season ended...

They really had easy games vs their backup(s), and got some help from the refs.

loosedobbs
Toronto

loosedobbs

I dont remember anybody pulling Gallagher or Gionta on him. He jumped sideways and got hurt right?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to HiVolt

MVM

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Habs should send the Leafs a case of beer for taking out Tampa's goalie Bishop just a few games before the season ended...

Gudlevskis wasn't easy, and it's Tampa's fault for waiting so long to put him in. There was also that BS goal that Tampa got where Price made a save and their player pushed the puck and his pad into the net, which should never have counted. And the refs get accused of favouring Montreal?

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

Gudlevskis wasn't easy, and it's Tampa's fault for waiting so long to put him in.

Yeah, that kid is NHL ready. A year ago, he was in the ECHL. Pretty impressive climb.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by shaner:

Yeah, that kid is NHL ready. A year ago, he was in the ECHL. Pretty impressive climb.

He started this season in the ECHL before being called up to the AHL in October 2013. He's the only player in history to play in the ECHL, AHL, Olympics and NHL all in the same season.
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN

Premium Member

Kid is impressive. His Olympic performance shows he can hang with the big boys.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
finally actually watched the cooke video. Yup, definitely aimed his knee at the player.
Im shocked that none of the AVS player stood up for their injured team mate.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to Guspaz

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

said by HiVolt:

Gudlevskis wasn't easy, and it's Tampa's fault for waiting so long to put him in. There was also that BS goal that Tampa got where Price made a save and their player pushed the puck and his pad into the net, which should never have counted. And the refs get accused of favouring Montreal?

Tampa coach was really in a no win situation, if he puts in Gudlevski from the start in Game 4 "It'll look like he's panicking" and that will stick in Yzerman's mind. As it was, he decided "If I'm going down, I may as well go down with what I have in my hand"

As to the reffing in this series, I've seen worse reffing... but that was the WW(F)E

At the end of the day congrats to the Habs (Oh god how it hurts to say that)

Enjoy the week off in preparation for Zedeno Chara and his merry band of thugs from Boston (I hear Chara gives out free Tilt-A-Whirl rides if you ask *real* nicely )

NefCanuck

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by NefCanuck:

As to the reffing in this series, I've seen worse reffing... but that was the WW(F)E

It seems to me the Original Six teams have the calls go their way more often.

FaxCap

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by FaxCap:

said by NefCanuck:

What would happen if it turned out to be MTL-PIT in the conference final? Bias for the original six Montreal, or for the league darlings Sidney & Co? I think the refs would be spontaneously exploding from stress at least once a game. Still, if we could get rid of a few like Peel and O'Rourke, it wouldn't be all bad.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Sharks and Kings continue their amazing hockey from last year.....best series so far,bar none.

Sharks start fast and were all over the Kings in the 3rd and should have scored a few more goals if it weren't for unreal saves by Quick.

Then in OT Kings totally dominated with so much pressure,and then Marleau scores on a deflected blooper on their 1st shot.

Go Sharks...........this may be the year,they really look great.

loosedobbs
Toronto

loosedobbs to FaxCap

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

said by NefCanuck:

FaxCap

Now that I think of it when Cancuks players and fans complained about bias against them, imo was justified. Looks like this year it is against Hawks, Kings. NHL is promoting goon hockey (as in tough play-offs games). Teams like Blues and Jackets and wings and Habs. All the top teams like Pens and Bruins have many calls against them. I have never seen Habs called for interference from PK Subban and Gallagher (goalie interference) under the disguise of play-off hockey norms.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
What bothers me is how in the last 8 to 10 years or so the refs call penalties one way
during the regular season then do an about face in the playoffs.

The "after the whistle" shit in the playoffs has to stop.

FaxCap
vue666 (banned)

to ZZZZZZZ
Click for full size
Long Live the Note!!! Go Blues GO and beat those thugs in Chicago....

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

OK enough with the Blues fanboy crap........Oshie also is the idiot that brought back homeless dogs from Russia.

Like there aren't any in N.A. ?

And calling any other team thugs,when the Blues are and have been the cheap shot artists of the league for years..........spearing and instigating .

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

With the Canucks gone I am now rooting for the Blackhawks.
ABTBB.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Geez....losing Getzlaf has got to hurt the Ducks!

FaxCap