All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gbpackers74
join:2014-04-13

gbpackers74

[Speed Issues] My Charter speeds suck!

Hopefully when they raise the speeds to 60mb in my area they fix whatever is causing my slow speeds too. »www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 20914225 I don't even get 5mb most of the time.
mikiee
join:2009-06-10
Saint Louis, MO

mikiee

Your download is about the same as your upload. Maybe you're on a fiber line and don't know it.
gbpackers74

gbpackers74

said by mikiee:

Your download is about the same as your upload. Maybe you're on a fiber line and don't know it.

No there isn't fiber lines in our area yet. I was getting 30mb + for a long time. But in the last few month it has decreased substantially. I've even bypassed my router to see if that was the issue. That did increase the upload back up to 4mb but did nothing for the download side.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to gbpackers74

Premium Member

to gbpackers74
No fiber but you were using your Ipad wirelessly, correct?
gbpackers74

gbpackers74

said by aguen:

No fiber but you were using your Ipad wirelessly, correct?

Correct, I used my iPad for this test. But like I said, I did tests bypassing my router directly from the cable modem to my desktop and the download speeds were just as slow.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to gbpackers74

Premium Member

to gbpackers74
Then try posting a somewhat more real world speed test along with your modem stats, both of which should be collected within the same time frame. Maybe someone will see some anomaly other than an overloaded node.
gbpackers74

gbpackers74

Ok. Thanks for your reply!