PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

1 edit

PeeWee

Premium Member

"N" router rec.

My sister in law just called from Las Vegas. She has a wwrt320n that is having connection quality/drop issues noticeable when running air play from MAC computer to stereo over wireless. She wants a reliable router with a better range. She doesn't have the early adopter mentality but is not afraid to spend the money on what could be the best solution for her. I could use the help for this as I haven't even setup a wireless n router for a home office before. I won't be there to help her set this up, but I will be the one she calls with issues. She is not one to be playing with any tweaks although she would have no issue with setup instructions and following them precisely.
Anyone have a recommendation for a router I should tell her to get?

Juke Box
His Word Never Fails
Premium Member
join:2001-01-29
Psalm 96 ESV

Juke Box

Premium Member

Not really the better because most home wireless are about the same. I would recommend a Netgear N750 or better or a Linksys equivalent, I like the Genie app that comes with Netgear, from her local future shop.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to PeeWee

MVM

to PeeWee
What's her budget? If all, or the majority, of her network devices are Apple, then have her get an Airport. Otherwise, I would suggest a high-end Netgear unit.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to PeeWee

MVM

to PeeWee
My suggestion is the Netgear R6300 loaded with the latest native firmwre