Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2

Re: The Official NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

I hate Patrick Kane. Simply because the Flyers were robbed and should of had him! All he does is score GWGs in the playoffs year in and year out. DAMMIT!

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Wow, The Penguins totally dropped the ball - er - puck on that series. Kinda like how the Bruins are making the series with Montreal far harder than it needs to be. Don't get me wrong, Montreal is a strong team, but when the Bruins do more harm to themselves it's pretty easy for Montreal to score. Game 6 was a prime example of this. Rask, who was great game 5, was flailing about like a turtle on its back, and his own team were plowing into him, and they played like "Eh, we don't give a shit about this one...." Seriously! WTF happened on that trip from Boston to Montreal? Did you guys suddenly forget how to play hockey? Argh!

So yeah, I'm worried about game 7 tonight. They need to come out on fire, and kick some ass, otherwise, they're playing golf tomorrow.

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5

Premium Member

I don't see it as the Penguins dropping anything. The Rangers definitely stepped up and Lundquist was amazing.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

said by Pathfinder5:

I don't see it as the Penguins dropping anything. The Rangers definitely stepped up and Lundquist was amazing.

Dan may be gone.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

1 recommendation

kingdome74 to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Goddamn I hate game 7's. And this ain't our first one with them. They'd better find a little more spark than they had in Montreal.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

So far after one period I'd say they ain't found shit. Certainly not the back of the net, even when it's right in front of them..... *sigh* - course, the refs are pretty bad so far too.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to WK2

to WK2
Dammit...

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to WK2

Mod

to WK2
An interesting graphic from the game on Tuesday:

Sorry, Montreal aren't any more saintly than any other team.

#MontrealTypical (ref)

Metal Head
Premium Member
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA

1 edit

Metal Head to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
It's back to the Western Conference Finals for the Kings, this will the 3rd straight year we made it and second straight year we will be playing the Blackhawks. Let hope we have better luck this time against the Hawks.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
Doesn't that say it all. Montreal is the Dallas Cowboys of hockey.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Whoa what a massacre........7-2.

Yikes.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

The Habs are playing excellent hockey. They didn't show much but they'll do the same they did to the Bruins and do what they do best - adjust.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to Metal Head

Premium Member

to Metal Head
said by Metal Head:

It's back to the Western Conference Finals for the Kings, this will the 3rd straight year we made it and second straight year we will be playing the Blackhawks. Let hope we have better luck this time against the Hawks.

I don't think so

Time for a repeat performance, first in the West Final, and then for Lord Stanley's Cup!

Go Hawks!

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
There was an apparent goal in the Hawks v Kings first game. The goal was subsequently disallowed.

There was much heated debate at every level and venue from the announcers to the NBC broadcast studio sport desk covering the game to the fans about the circumstances of the ruling. (What happen and why.)

What happen was black and white. There was continuous camera coverage and a clear view of all the relevant events comprising the above.

What I cannot understand is that what 90 percent of the people yelling about is not accurate. They are complaining about a situation or a sequence of events that never happened. They arguing something that either did not happen or is not relevant to the ruling.

The two teams are evenly matched. I think the series will be very competitive on a game by game basis regardless of who wins. Both teams IMO should be favored over the winner of Canadians v Rangers.

(Think the NBC executives, marketing people, NBC Network programing and the advertisers for the final are drooling at a thought of a Los Angeles v New York City final?

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

After tonight's Rangers game, it looks like they will take this series. Another great performance by lundquvist

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Much to the chagrin of many of those hockey fans in the East and Canada the Kings and to a lesser degree Chicago are playing some great hockey. They match up to make competitive exciting hockey.

If the Kings are fortunate enough to win tomorrow at Staples, (they're a better road than home team), they will really be in the driver's seat. Whatever, happens though, there's a reason they play the games and make the requirement you have to win four games. Very tough no matter what the series status is at any given time. Just ask San Jose.

Metal Head
Premium Member
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA

Metal Head to ILpt4U

Premium Member

to ILpt4U
The Hawks have an uphill battle now, down 1-3 in the series all the King's have to do is win one out of the last three games and it's back to the Stanley Cup Finals!

GO KINGS GO!!

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5 to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Rangers up 1-0 halfway through the third. It could easily be 4 or 5 nil if not for Tokarski.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to WK2

to WK2
Wow! Rangers seem like a totally different team in the post season.

Finals gonna be great!

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Some people don't watch a Ranger game in the regular season, then all of a sudden they become world's biggest Rangers fan. It drives me insane. Congrats to the Rangers though, Flyers will be in this spot next year!

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

said by WK2:

Some people don't watch a Ranger game in the regular season, then all of a sudden they become world's biggest Rangers fan. It drives me insane. Congrats to the Rangers though, Flyers will be in this spot next year!

It happens in every sport in every city. Don't act like Flyers fans don't come out of nowhere when they are doing good.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

We haven't one a cup since the 70's yet I still watch a majority of regualr season games

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Game 6 after 2 is giving me hope...

GO HAWKS!

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Haven't watched anything since the Bs lost, but let me say GO RANGERS! Thank you for booting them habs back to Canada. They can go home and practice their bullshit flops and whines while playing golf.

I don't care who wins the cup, I'm just happy it's NOT Montreal.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Every single time the Blackhawks need someone to make a play or make something happen - literally almost everytime it's pat Kane. It still pisses me off the Flyers got robbed on that lotto pick. MAN! I would LOVE Kane on the Flyers

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Predictions for game 7 tonight? I have the Hawks winning.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by WK2:

Predictions for game 7 tonight?

It'll be a good game.

Its going to be a game where one of two very interesting stats doesn't prove to be in indicator of how the game went.

In the 2014 playoffs,

The Blackhawks are 8-1 at the United Centre.

vs

The visiting team is 5-1 when playing in a game 7.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Kings win it in OT........wild series.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Playoff hockey at it's finest

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Hats off to the Kings...

And even though they didn't bring home the Cup, I'm proud of the Blackhawks players & coaches & organization -- that was a hell of a season. Thanks from this Fan!

That 3rd period was some INCREDIBLE skating & hockey.

Great series. I'm not sure the best team won, because I honestly think, after that series, the two teams were pretty damn evenly matched!