spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RonM6
join:2013-05-02
Madison, AL

RonM6

Fox Sports 2 - 4:3 looks horrible!

So apparently us Digital Preferred customers in Huntsville are now getting Fox Sports 2, and the 4:3 cropping of both left and right sides just looks horrible. Is there someone at WOW! that can fix this where all sides are cropped (like on the other SD channels) so at least we can do a zoom in with the aspect ratio button on our remote control so we can see the whole picture?
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

The aspect ratio button on your remote does something? Mine does absolutely nothing. Two of our channels which should be 4:3 are now 16:9 and it would be nice if I could use that function but like I said it does nothing.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by baess:

The aspect ratio button on your remote does something? Mine does absolutely nothing. Two of our channels which should be 4:3 are now 16:9 and it would be nice if I could use that function but like I said it does nothing.

You must not have a HD receiver then. The aspect ratio button only works with those.
baess

baess

I have an HD DVR/Cable Box but not an HD TV. Pressing the button changes the settings but does nothing on my TV. I assume its because of my TV but maybe not.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by baess:

I have an HD DVR/Cable Box but not an HD TV. Pressing the button changes the settings but does nothing on my TV. I assume its because of my TV but maybe not.

Yes, it probably is your set. I don't think I ever saw a sdtv that could change the aspect ratio.
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD

devolved to RonM6

to RonM6
Fox Sports 2 is "letterboxed" here in Rapid City. So I have black bars running along the top and bottom of the screen.

Fox Sports 2 is only in SD here, Fox Sports 1 is SD and HD here.
baess

baess to RonM6

to RonM6
Gee glad to see some WOW markets get this channel while mine doesn't.

No offense, but small markets like SD and AL get it while Chicago doesn't?? With all the issues I've had lately this is just another nail in the coffin.
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD

devolved

Fox Sports 2 is in the sports tier, so you have to pay extra for it here.

Before the rebranding, it was FUEL TV which Knology (now WOW) had in the sports tier.