Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Great Weekend

I hope you all got to be outside and enjoy the great weather this weekend. The sun was out and the temps were warm. Spring is in full tilt.

I spent Saturday out hiking in the Carbon River area of Mount Rainier. It was the first time I had been to that part of the park. I hiked 16 miles along some trails. At one point I met up with one of the park rangers and chatted with him for about 30 minutes. I had wanted to hike all the way to the glacier but the one bridge over the river had been washed out. They will be rebuilding it in a couple of weeks according to the ranger. Anyway Ended up at Green Lake. The lake is still 75% frozen. But even up there it was fairly warm. Most of the snow is gone in the lower elevations.

I saw a lot of these flowers that look like peace lilies but learned they are actually skunk cabbage...and that bears like to eat the roots after hibernating to help with constipation

Sunday was mostly doing food shopping and cutting the grass. But When I walked the dogs out near the Sound, the view of the Olympics was so clear with no clouds, I wish I had my camera. At least i got my new backpacking backpack on Sunday.

In any case i hope y'all got to get outside and enjoy the great weather!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Yesterday was what Portlanders like to call a three mountain day (or four mountain day if you travel north/south enough): the top of Bachelor, all of Hood and St Helens and a bit of Adams -- I saw them all traveling from Salem to home.

Gizy
Have you thanked a soldier today?
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
Midwest

Gizy to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
I took a "Sunday drive" and went up to Mount St Helens. The observatory is still closed so I only went as far as the Forestry Learning Center but is was still a gorgeous drive.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Voxxjin

to Voxxjin
said by Voxxjin:

I saw a lot of these flowers that look like peace lilies but learned they are actually skunk cabbage...and that bears like to eat the roots after hibernating to help with constipation

Posted here!

Haven't tried the roots yet, though.

Skipdawg
The Original

join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA

Skipdawg to Voxxjin

to Voxxjin
Went to the Mount Vernon street fair. Rather enjoyable. Had a decent band and the food was OK but over priced. But a small back of mini donuts were very enjoyable. Traffic was crazy with that and the tulip festival going on. But I had a good time.