how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

urbhusker

join:2005-10-19
Urbandale, IA

Another year, an even lower grade for Mediacom

Wow! I didn't think Mediacom could garner lower Consumer Reports scores from previous years but they did! They are dead last in every category except internet...of course they are 2nd to last...only beating satellite internet. Bundles - 14 out of 14, TV - 17 out of 17, internet - 28 out of 29, phone - 26 out of 26. Why do communities put up with such a badly scored company that cares nothing about the customers (I'm talking MC corporate not the fine folks that handles the online support)? I know it's due to franchise agreements, etc but dang, doesn't anyone in the municipalities look at ratings? If I could get decent speeds from CL I would be MC free. Would love Urbandale to look at a city owned system.

alarson83

join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA
said by urbhusker:

Would love Urbandale to look at a city owned system.

The entire metro would benefit from a metro-wide municipal gigabit fiber option. Give mediacom some competition.

Riverpilot

join:2006-12-11
U.S.A
reply to urbhusker
Davenport is FINALLY starting to look into starting its own service. They've been putting down fiber and are FINALLY starting to realize they need to look towards the future.

urbhusker

join:2005-10-19
Urbandale, IA
reply to alarson83
said by alarson83:

said by urbhusker:

Would love Urbandale to look at a city owned system.

The entire metro would benefit from a metro-wide municipal gigabit fiber option. Give mediacom some competition.

I don't think DSM would even consider it. It's just easier to not worry about how crappy the only entertainment provider is. I get that we're not a large catch compared to other markets but man, are we that small that we deserve the worst cableco in history?

RezzIA

join:2014-03-28
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to urbhusker
I'm not surprised at all. I move around a lot and have used many different ISPs. Mediacom, for sure, is the worst ISP I've ever used.

After I'm done here in the quad cities, I will never live in another mediacom service area again. It will be a deal breaker for me. I loathe them that much and don't want to support such a horrible company who cares nothing for it's customers. They are snakes.

motoman

join:2006-03-21
Waterloo, IN
reply to urbhusker
You have a link to this info?

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by motoman:

You have a link to this info?

Mr Google pointed me to this. who can argue with the truth that we have all experienced?

»www.consumerreports.org/cro/news···ndex.htm
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

RezzIA

Reviews:
·Mediacom
I'm surprised TWC came in so low on the list. I used them for years back home without many issues.

Not really shocked about mediacom or comcast though. Both are absolutely terrible.

I am counting down the days until I can move out of mediacom's service area, and I will honestly never live in another area where the only isp available is mediacom.

Mediacom = horrible and clueless customer service combined with terrible "we dont care because you don't have a choice" service.

mertz67

join:2006-09-07
Davenport, IA
reply to Riverpilot
Where did you see this? They investigated it once several years ago and determined it too costly?

Riverpilot

join:2006-12-11
U.S.A
It was in the QC Times a few weeks back ago. Stated that they've been laying down fiber cable when tearing all the streets up and were looking into internet services.

I don't remember what day et al...

bksd

@mchsi.com
reply to urbhusker
Gonna cancel Mediacom and go cell phone only.... Internet too expensive... Father only pays 15 bucks a month for time Warners cheapest plan... 30 bucks plus the 15 dollar fee too much this day in age.... Give me a one megabit plan with a 50 GB cap for 20 bucks a month maybe I'll stay... Or the intro plan minus the added fee.... Internet is too addicting anyway would rather not have the temptation

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
I like that fact you are taking what Consumer Reports gave a score to is something that is actual fact. CR has been known to be paid to give lower scores/better scores for companies. They don't do any real testing to get their numbers. Even more so when deciding the grades for ISP's. The thread is pretty funny.

BrownKnows

@67.159.5.x

1 recommendation

Equally funny are some who, over and over, defend the company no matter what. Roco ain't going to send a bonus to you.

CR uses data from various customers. How can you really do any better testing?

So who paid to make Mediacom receive a lower score?

said by CappinHoff:

I like that fact you are taking what Consumer Reports gave a score to is something that is actual fact. CR has been known to be paid to give lower scores/better scores for companies. They don't do any real testing to get their numbers. Even more so when deciding the grades for ISP's. The thread is pretty funny.

RezzIA

Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to CappinHoff
said by CappinHoff:

You've obviously never used other ISPs if you think mediacom is decent.

I've used MANY over the years, and mediacom is definitely the worst. By far. They got the lowest consumer rating for a reason.