Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Salty_Peaks

Premium Member

to Salty_Peaks

Re: Neighbor walked away from his house

said by Salty_Peaks :

Exactly -- I have nothing but good things to say about the HOA. They are reasonable, fast to respond, and ensure that the neighbor looks decent and yards aren't ripe with overgrowth and weeds. The HOA has been exceptional and we've already had a few cases where there were excess vehicles parked in front of a residence during a funeral wake and it was handled with tact and professionalism.

HOAs are there to ensure a common theme of respect and honoring your neighborhood, it's never been about enacting nonsense requirements.

Conversely, I would never live anywhere without a restrictive HOA.

if its just for a wake why report the excess vehicles at all?

Also how restrictive, I know I would never want to live on a street where I was required to run the irrigation for the lawn(stupid waste of water, grass will recover when it rains). Or where if I leave the garage door open on a nice day, Or heaven forbid want a cloths line. None of those are negative on home values.

I can see an HOA being good if you have someone who parks cars on the lawn because that does need to be prevented.

But I have heard of HOAs that will drop the hammer on harmless things like grandparents come by for Thanksgiving and park their RV in the driveway and get told by the HOA to move it to the shopping center.
System

Anon

This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course