All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

anon help
@ptd.net

anon help

Anon

Anyone ever have this happen - Properties disabled?

?

Thanks

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Yes. If you don't select an item, or you select one that has no properties, that button is disabled. You need to click on an item in that list that has properties that you can modify, like TCP/IPv4.

--Brian
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to anon help

Premium Member

to anon help
What does your red box around IPv4 mean? It doesn't look to me like you've actually selected that line - usually it would be highlighted in some way such as reverse video.

(The fact that a 'description' for IPv4 shows up does not mean the IPv4 item is actually selected... which is a little weird way to arrange a UI, but that's how it is).

If you had selected IPv4, it ought to have properties.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

2 edits

19579823 (banned) to plencnerb

to plencnerb

It looks like thats the one he is focused on (IPv4) and the properties dialog IS NOT HIGHLIGHTED..... (See my pic below,same thing happens but on mine it IS highlighted)

19579823 (banned)

dave
Premium Member
not in ohio

dave to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
Yes, but you can easily arrange to make it look like the OP's screen shot. Click on IPv4. Then click in the 'connect using' box.

If it's not highlighed, it is not selected.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to anon help

to anon help
OK I see what ya mean Dave ........ When I first open that the first one has a thin lined box around it (Like the OP) but nothing is selected......

anon help
@ptd.net

anon help to plencnerb

Anon

to plencnerb

Re: Anyone ever have this happen - Properties disabled?

said by plencnerb:

Yes. If you don't select an item, or you select one that has no properties, that button is disabled. You need to click on an item in that list that has properties that you can modify, like TCP/IPv4.

--Brian

Ok.

What if I did that and I can not select Properties?

Thanks

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

If you did select an item, and the button is still disabled then its a rights issue. Either you are running under a standard user account, or if you are running with admin rights, some kind of policy has been put in place so you cannot change those settings.

--Brian

anon help
@ptd.net

anon help

Anon

said by plencnerb:

If you did select an item, and the button is still disabled then its a rights issue. Either you are running under a standard user account, or if you are running with admin rights, some kind of policy has been put in place so you cannot change those settings.

--Brian

Ok, I will check.

What if was not that, then what?

Thanks
dave
Premium Member
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

Then you're a troll.

People have been giving you help, they've offered two reasonable diagnoses, you've checked neither of them (and checking takes a few seconds), but you apparently want more alternatives before you even check.

anon help
@ptd.net

anon help

Anon

said by dave:

Then you're a troll.

People have been giving you help, they've offered two reasonable diagnoses, you've checked neither of them (and checking takes a few seconds), but you apparently want more alternatives before you even check.

Sorry about that. #1 I tried what you said #2 I am sure that I have admin power #3 i am sure that no policy has been put in place #4 and yet it still happens. So what do i do now? Thank you.

jay608
Going Nucking Futs
join:2007-01-22
Homewood, IL

jay608 to anon help

to anon help
Re-install

anon help
@rcn.com

anon help

Anon

said by jay608:

Re-install

#1 Re-install, what?

#2 Is that the only possible fix?

#3 What is to prevent this issue from happening again?

Thank you

jay608
Going Nucking Futs
join:2007-01-22
Homewood, IL

jay608 to anon help

to anon help
Are you serious??.. You need to go take a class or something. What you are discussing is level 1 help desk stuff. Actually my 10 yr old son can probably fix this.
System

Anon

This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course