Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline

Re: Microsoft Confirms It Is Dropping Windows 8.1 Support

quote:
We believe that this likely heralds a faster-paced approach to operating system updates in general, as Microsoft strives to keep up with Android, iOS, OS X, and even Chrome OS, which all deliver new end-user functionality on a much more regular cadence than Microsoft has traditionally managed.
Here's a thought, Microsoft: why are you doing that?

Windows is not Android, iOS, or OSX. It should not try to be like them. A desktop OS has no need for such rapid feature updates, and enterprise customers don't want them, either.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

1 recommendation

dave to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

Dumb and Confusing...the Microsoft way.

But not nearly as stupid as calling your software releases 'ice cream banana woody emphysema', or whatever the Debian/Android/etc. guys do.
Expand your moderator at work

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to Phoenix22

to Phoenix22

Re: Microsoft Confirms It Is Dropping Windows 8.1 Support

I Roger your Roger, Roger

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to Elite

Premium Member

to Elite
said by Elite:

You can currently download an ISO with 8.1 Update 1 fully integrated, which is really nice when you're doing lots of fresh installs.

I went looking for this .iso and cannot find it. It would save me a lot of work in the future If I had it. Where can one download it?

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
Windows 8 and 8.x. The ONLY Windows OS that from the start to the end or with 8 to present that I not only did not desire but ran from it. Paid or free. (Gift.)

Win Me looked promising in very early stages but later turned out to, ahem, have some issues.

Windows 7 64 bit is still by my personal standard the way to go with the Windows platform. Naturally YMMV.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

1 edit

1 recommendation

siljaline to sivran

Premium Member

to sivran
To be honest sivran See Profile I can't say that I miss having to deal with MS Support.

That said, I'm glad I'm not an Windows 8.1 user.

edit typo: - >

Would not want to be in that place now. Keeping busy doing Win 7 OEM installs and migrating folks away from Windows XP.

Elite
Kiss My Ass
join:2002-10-03
New Haven, CT
Synology RT2600ac
TP-Link TC-7650
ARRIS SB8200

Elite to rfhar

to rfhar
said by rfhar:

I went looking for this .iso and cannot find it. It would save me a lot of work in the future If I had it. Where can one download it?

MSDN, of course. »msdn.microsoft.com/subsc ··· FileId=0

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar

Premium Member

Thanks

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

Pjr to dave

to dave
said by dave:

But not nearly as stupid as calling your software releases 'ice cream banana woody emphysema', or whatever the Debian/Android/etc. guys do.

This Jessie user agrees wholeheartedly.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

2 recommendations

antdude

Premium Member

said by Pjr:

said by dave:

This Jessie user agrees wholeheartedly.

IceApe, IceWeasel, etc. Ugh!
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

1 recommendation

dave to Pjr

Premium Member

to Pjr
You'd soon change your tune if the next release was called the Jack Jones release...

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

1 edit

Pjr

LOL That is a good code name.

Edit: Or Debian Stupid Boy. For those who don't know "Jack Jones" is my avatar. He's a character in my favourite comedy.