Search similar:

uniqs
yonexsp
join:2011-01-31
l3x

1 edit

yonexsp

ZTC reporting Does not work: Confirmed

I confirmed for myself yesterday that ZTC does not work.

I could not figure out why my usage was so high when I have ZTC turned on.

AT precisely 7.59pm Eastern my Usage was 6GB for the day as per the report from my DD-WRT router, and I used Hulu, netflix etc from 8pm until 11.58pm, then turned all my devices off.

I checked my usage report today and it said I had used 12.18GB yesterday, so essentially I used 6gb after 8pm till 12pm, which is supposed to be ZTC time.

I had decided to stay with TS because of the ZTC feature, but if it is not working, what is the point, I will end up with overages I had not planned for.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Is TS using a different time zone than the east coast or something

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Re: ZTC Does not work: Confirmed

My understanding that the usage is still logged, but you do not get charged for it when you have ZTC enabled.
yonexsp
l3x

yonexsp

That is so not clear, and really is not useful. There should be a separate tab for ZTC usage in the reporting tool.

With overages about to start this is critical to get this right. If it is not split out, how can I audit it myself?

Calero27
join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

Calero27 to yonexsp

to yonexsp
The usage is still tracked, you are basically considered to be on a unlimited package if you have ZTC on for the month. So for example you use 350GB for the month and had ZTC turned on for the whole calendar month you would not incur any overage charges. The tracker would still show that you used 350GB for the month.

Hope this helps

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to yonexsp

Premium Member

to yonexsp
Why do you need a specific tab? You get unlimited usage, with the peak time speeds reduced as per the description of ZTC.
yonexsp
l3x

yonexsp

Because I am an idiot, and thought the unlimited usage was between 8-12pm but with a reduced speed.

I get the distinction now, and why a TAB is not needed, unless you keep turning the thing on and off in the month

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

said by yonexsp:

Because I am an idiot, and thought the unlimited usage was between 8-12pm but with a reduced speed.

I get the distinction now, and why a TAB is not needed, unless you keep turning the thing on and off in the month

I seem to recall someone saying you can only toggle ZTC one per month anyways.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

I think TSI Marc said that.... I don't remember anything be firm. The idea he was floating is that on the 10th of the month the option to turn on it or off will be locked. The other option being floated was that one could only turn on OR off the ZTC once per month.

Basically they don't want people gaming the system and turning it on for the last week of the month because they realize they are about to go over and then turn it back off on the first.