spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dplantz
join:2000-08-02
Bradenton, FL

dplantz

[General] ATT Ending Att Call International on May 15th

If you use ATT Call International to save on your international calls on your ATT or other smart phone the service is ending May 15th. I received a text with this info today. I have used it to call Canada before with great sound quality. I suspect its because of their new 5 dollar a month World Connect Value plan that they are ending the voip based plan. Too bad as I was using and will be using it more as I build my home business. Vonage still has their own version and I may get the 5 dollar plan as it has a nice 1c a min price to Canada. I still don't understand why our cell phones in USA don't include Canada calling as virtually all land line LD plans do.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

Other than the AT&T brand name, their plan was nothing special.

For VoIP calls from your mobile to Canada, you can use any SIP app. On VoIP.ms or Anveo, it's only $0.005/min. For calling using the cellular voice path, Localphone is $0.01/min.

There is no monthly charge for any of the above, except that Anveo charges $0.80/mo. for E911 (which you are already paying if using them for anything else).

If you want a Canadian number that forwards to VoIP or your US cell phone, these providers offer them at very reasonable cost.