uniqs
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2

Premium Member

Yahoo mail does it again - and not for the better

I have mail.yahoo.com bookmarked and used that to access yahoo mail. Today, with that URL, it goes to the yahoo news page. And of course you can login from there, but I want one click login to email without all that news junk. Even if I go to: »login.yahoo.com, then it still brings be to a login page, then the news page.

It looks like yahoo is trying to copy scroogle with one login while at the same time making it less convenient for those who want to get to email directly. If anyone wants to get to mail directly you'll need something like this: »login.yahoo.com/?.src=ym ··· ahoo.com A bit harder to remember, but hey, who said yahoo was out to make a positive user experience when they can be just like their competitors .

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
join:2000-12-09
FL
·Comcast XFINITY
ARRIS SBG900

bbrcat

MVM

Using the longer URL works fine with one-click within a favorite or shortcut.Otherwise,yes, you must go through a 2 step login. I use this address »login.yahoo.com/config/l ··· &.src=ym
Chuts
join:2006-03-01
Brandon, FL

Chuts to bbear2

to bbear2
Hmmm ... nothing changed here. Just the one click on its icon on my Firefox Favorites Bar brings me straight to my Inbox

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to bbear2

Premium Member

to bbear2
www.mail.yahoo.com works, I have been using it for years. Takes you straight to the login page.

printscreen
join:2003-11-01
Juana Diaz, PR

printscreen to bbear2

to bbear2
I have a Yahoo account I rarely use but when I use it I go to »mail.yahoo.com and just tried it now and it works.

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by printscreen:

I have a Yahoo account I rarely use but when I use it I go to »mail.yahoo.com and just tried it now and it works.

Ditto. I've always used »mail.yahoo.com as well, in fact, been using the same URL since 1999 or so.
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2 to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
Well lookie here. It is now back the way it was last week. If this sticks, my guess is that Yahoo screwed it up again and fixed it.