join:2002-03-10
Motorola MB8600
Netgear SRX5308
EnGenius EAP1750H

whocares256

Premium Member

[DSL] Coming Back to DSLX

Hi,

After 2 months away I am coming back to DSLX. I have had several ISP outages since the beginning of the year. I have found out that the local cable company and coop internet use the same back haul and that ATT is independent. I will have DSLX as a backup to my coop DSL. My coop DSL and DSLX are the only internet options that are not CAPPED. My local coop just started offering ADSL2+ (15/2) which I have requested and it will save me $5/Month. I am very interested in ADSL2+ or VDSL2 through ATT when it is available. Hope in the near future DSLX can offer something faster than 6/768

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

Welcome back. I love my DSLX circuit via Verizon. Being able to get direct support on here is also a good reason for a DSLX circuit.

whocares256
''Hardware Junkie''
Premium Member
Motorola MB8600
Netgear SRX5308
EnGenius EAP1750H

whocares256

Premium Member

Thank You. I am hoping after ATT gets all their line moved for the nearby highway construction they will be able to offer U-Verse and I hope DSLX can resell U-Verse in the future. I am hoping for faster speeds through DSLX in the future when they will be able to resell U-Verse. I am currently on 6/768K DSLX now and it has no caps.

My Main ISP has me on 15/2 ADSL2+ and I am using DSLX as a back up/Load Balancing ISP.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm to whocares256

ISP Employee

to whocares256
Welcome back whocares256 See Profile! Glad to have you back with us. New things coming very very soon.

zbestwun2001
join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA

zbestwun2001

Do tell?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by zbestwun2001:

Do tell?

Can't yet but hopefully soon.

whocares256
''Hardware Junkie''
Premium Member

whocares256

Premium Member

How long? This year? Next Year? Can you give us a quarter? 1Q15?

Regards,

dslx_steve
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA

dslx_steve

Premium Member

Be patient. You shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

whocares256
''Hardware Junkie''
Premium Member

whocares256

Premium Member

Ok. I can wait. Thank you for the information so far. Looking forward to the what will be able to be offered in the future.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA

jadinolf

Premium Member

Probably FREE dialup.

whocares256
''Hardware Junkie''
Premium Member
Motorola MB8600
Netgear SRX5308
EnGenius EAP1750H

whocares256

Premium Member

Yay! Free Dialup. I can break out the old external US. Robotics Serial Modem with the USB to Serial adapter and get on the internet at a BLAZING 56K.

I still do have a serial modem but haven't used it in years. With the slow death of pots lines and how large webpages are these days is dial-up even usable these days? There was another forum in the hardware section posting old modems. I still have a 3Com LAN modem that I have been hanging on to. Also have a SMC ABR-7004 that is a print server and a serial port for a dial up modem. Never had the heart to throw these pieces of hardware out.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
Ojai, CA

jadinolf

Premium Member

Yep, I hope that's it. George is so close mouthed about it but I can't wait.

I have two top of the line (and expensive) USR modems and will delight in being able to use them again.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

Shhhh...You're not supposed to give our secrets away. Steve Jobs would not be happy about these leaks. Please please please don't tell anyone that the dialup will come with a really slick "acceleration" feature.

whocares256
''Hardware Junkie''
Premium Member
Motorola MB8600
Netgear SRX5308
EnGenius EAP1750H

whocares256 to jadinolf

Premium Member

to jadinolf
I hope eventually they will be able to resell u-verse and we will be able to use our own modems.

Don't know if resold VDSL/ADSL2+ will require ATT modems or even if they can use bonded pairs on resellers. I would guess that would be one of the the issues holding back reselling DSL from ATT now.
whocares256

whocares256 to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
My modem supports the x2 so with a LAN modem, my USR modem on the SMC I can get a x4 connection.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
Ojai, CA

jadinolf to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
George, it's good to see you.

You can tell me what's up. Nobody's listening.

whocares256
''Hardware Junkie''
Premium Member

whocares256

Premium Member

(Sticks fingers in ears.)

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
Ojai, CA

jadinolf

Premium Member

That's the way.

Now the others can't hear.

whocares256
''Hardware Junkie''
Premium Member

whocares256 to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
Any updates in the future for dry loop DSL on ATT?

jharel
join:2003-03-30

1 recommendation

jharel to whocares256

to whocares256
The suspense is killing me. I'm on the monthly plan and it costs more than the yearly contract, but I can't go on the yearly contract because I'm WAITING for this dern new thing that's supposed to be coming on line................

ARGH

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
Ojai, CA

jadinolf

Premium Member

You are excited about getting FREE dial up?

Well.....maybe it's not that bad a deal.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

You can sign up for the annual contract now, and then once the new services come out, switch over. Same thing happened when we unveiled Fusion - customers who were on annual contracts were able to upgrade to Fusion.
m6wuz
N6WUZ
join:2003-04-25
Westminster, CA

m6wuz

There are days when I really miss 128 kbps with two bonded ISDN B-channels. Please say you're bringing it back!

It was such a pleasure living in California Verizistan and dealing directly with their tech support.
Expand your moderator at work