Muffsalso
Premium Member
join:2010-06-30
Daytona Beach, FL

1 edit

Muffsalso

Premium Member

[Internet] sb6141 firmware update

Just checking , will the new firmware correct the signal jumps that make my internet speeds so jumppy thet now go from 20 to 40 to 92 then back to 2 constantly. I changed routers an have the same problem. I noticed the new firmware SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.13-SCM00-NOSH, has corrected these problems. If not please ignore this post.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

I'd remove your MAC and post it in the Direct Forums: »/forum ··· sedirect

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim to Muffsalso

to Muffsalso
I doubt that new firmware will be pushed out to our sb6141 modems anytime soon.
They do extensive testing to make sure that firmware will work well on their system, which can take some time.
I was excited when they pushed the SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.12-SCM00-NOSH out to us last year

Muffsalso
Premium Member
Daytona Beach, FL

Muffsalso

Premium Member

thanks tim for your time.Rob
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Muffsalso

Premium Member

to Muffsalso
6.12 is the current firmware for this modem. When and if we push new firmware out your modem will automatically receive it

Muffsalso
Premium Member
Daytona Beach, FL

Muffsalso

Premium Member

Thank Gary for your time. God Bless
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to Muffsalso
And likewise to you sir!
alanator
join:2005-12-18
Orlando, FL

alanator to Muffsalso

to Muffsalso
Muffsalso, were you able to get your issue resolved? I'm continuing to have inconsistent speed issues with my 6141 on the 90/10 Lightning tier in CFL.

Muffsalso
Premium Member
Daytona Beach, FL

Muffsalso

Premium Member

No I guess I'll have to wait till the new firmware is pushed. If that don't do it then I will have to get a different modem. But i will wait they are still making changes to all the nodes to get their little boxes up and running.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to Muffsalso
There is no reason for that to be happening with the current firmware. We deploy these all the time and there are no known issues. I'll take another look at your modem. Do you have windows 7 or 8?
alanator
Orlando, FL

alanator

I have two Windows 8.1 desktops, a couple osx systems, and a laptop with a fresh updated install of 7.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by alanator:

I have two Windows 8.1 desktops, a couple osx systems, and a laptop with a fresh updated install of 7.

My reply was meant for Muff....if you are having a problem it needs to be looked at in direct like his please.
alanator
Orlando, FL

alanator

Oops. Here's my post in direct »CFL Lightning 90 - Slow Speeds

Muffsalso
Premium Member
Daytona Beach, FL

Muffsalso to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
Gary it was working great untill a couple of weeks ago . The signals were all great Usually 0,+1,+1, 0,0,etc then all of a sudden while watching amazon the system started buffering. so I wen't to Netflix ,and the same thing. Went to the computer and done a speed test and it was irratic,with speeds between 2 and 40 down. The up stayed steady at 11 which is great. Then I noticed the signals going crazy between +5 and -2 they are just now stabilizing and my speeds are getting steady again around 94 to 102 whicn is awsome. That is why I think they are playing with the lines. Sometimes at night the internet goes down altogether and when I call them the operator states they are doing line work in my area. Just called my wife and she says everything is great at the moment.i'll let you know how everything is going.i don't really mind however my wife gets really cranky when the things start buffering during one of her movies. LOL. So far not a major concern. If things don't get better I will ge back to you. I know you are busy. Thanks again Rob. God Bless.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to Muffsalso
Good deal Rob thank you!

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

paradigmfl to Muffsalso

to Muffsalso
FWIW I'm also in Daytona with a 6141. I noticed some weirdness for a few days where I was only getting .8Mbps upload. I'm on Lightning 60 and should be getting 5 Mbps. The download was fine. The issue went away for me yesterday all by itself.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to alanator

Premium Member

to alanator
said by alanator:

Oops. Here's my post in direct »CFL Lightning 90 - Slow Speeds

Got it....

Muffsalso
Premium Member
Daytona Beach, FL

1 edit

Muffsalso to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
I guess I shouldent of said anything. starting again this afternoon signals going crazy and no internet. had to manually reboot modem twice to get internet. My signals are now 4 dBmV 5 dBmV -2 dBmV -4 dBmV -3 dBmV -2 dBmV and the modem seams to be rebooting due to power issues. The modem is on a APC backup. Just for a change I put the modem on a different one and still the same.Now getting no ranging response received etc. I Put this to you in direct support also.

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

Muffsalso hang in there buddy i got the SB6141 also and it works flawlessly. Gary will take good care of you and probly have some one come out and check your signals and connectors and so forth.
They will get to the bottom of this
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to Muffsalso
said by Muffsalso:

I guess I shouldent of said anything. starting again this afternoon signals going crazy and no internet. had to manually reboot modem twice to get internet. My signals are now 4 dBmV 5 dBmV -2 dBmV -4 dBmV -3 dBmV -2 dBmV and the modem seams to be rebooting due to power issues. The modem is on a APC backup. Just for a change I put the modem on a different one and still the same.Now getting no ranging response received etc. I Put this to you in direct support also.

I just finished cooking and hosting Easter dinner....I'll dive into this tomorrow if thats okay.

Muffsalso
Premium Member
Daytona Beach, FL

Muffsalso

Premium Member

Sounds good,BTW Happy Easter !!!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Muffsalso:

Sounds good,BTW Happy Easter !!!

And to you as well!

Pir8pete
join:2003-09-05
Ottawa

Pir8pete to Muffsalso

to Muffsalso
Does anyone have a copy of SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.13-SCM00-NOSH bin file? I'm in Canada and have an issue where they require this version to active but will not update modems
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Pir8pete:

Does anyone have a copy of SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.13-SCM00-NOSH bin file? I'm in Canada and have an issue where they require this version to active but will not update modems

You cannot update your own firmware. It must be done by your provider.

Pir8pete
join:2003-09-05
Ottawa

Pir8pete

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Pir8pete:

I upgrade fw for the Canada ISP's so yes I can do it. they send there customers to me with outdated version to have them upgraded. But as I said I need that 6.13 image
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Pir8pete:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Pir8pete:

I upgrade fw for the Canada ISP's so yes I can do it. they send there customers to me with outdated version to have them upgraded. But as I said I need that 6.13 image

Then perhaps you should check in a Canadian ISP forum then because BHN customers will not be able to assist with this. They can't get firmware nor can they load the firmware themselves to their modems.
tmm03
join:2014-07-01
Clearwater, FL

tmm03 to Muffsalso

to Muffsalso
What is the difference between the sb6141 and the SBG6580 ? I have the SBG6580 in Clearwater, is the sb6141 better? worse? or even available..
I have my SBG6580 in passthru (as modem only) as I have high-end gigabit, dual-band wifi router.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to Muffsalso
The 6580 is a wireless gateway whereas the 6141 is a plain old bridge modem
tmm03
join:2014-07-01
Clearwater, FL

tmm03

So, as I'm NOT using the wifi on it, am I still being charged? and would it be a good move to switch (If possible in N.Pinellas) ?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to Muffsalso
No you are not being charged.