join:2013-09-10
Minneapolis, MN
Netgear CM600
Asus RT-AC66U B1

2 edits

MDA

Premium Member

[X1-X2] New X1 subscribers be aware...

If any of you get the X1 system with a qualifying triple play or promotional package, be sure the tech/contractor doesn't try to upsell and give you more boxes than you can afford.

What happened to us on the next bill, IT WAS ALMOST 300$!... We were guaranteed a 205$ 1 year price with X1 and that the bill would increase by a bit in the second year. Instead, the extra anyroom terminals and billing error made the bill higher than one could certainly be comfortable with...

It was a promotional 2 year no contract deal and when the contractor came, he brought all this equipment with him and it seemed that all that equipment was too good to be true (we fell for that in the end). They make more money as contractors when they sell more equipment to a subscriber (without permission in this case).

So we ended up getting on the phone with retention and they were explaining why the bill was so high (backcredit issues and the extra equipment we WANTED but couldn't afford).

After the "frustrating" phone call and going to a customer service center to return our old DVR equipment (and 2 of the 6 anyroom terminals we had), we got a 75$ credit and around a 203$ price for our next bill.

In the end, here's another one of Comcast's tactics to milk their subscribers for even more money. It's like a las vegas taxi driver that takes a longer route than is necessary...
mike31US
join:2013-08-15
Orting, WA

mike31US

[X1-X2] Re: New X1 subscribers be aware...

said by MDA:

It was a promotional 2 year no contract deal and when the contractor came, he brought all this equipment with him and it seemed that all that equipment was too good to be true (we fell for that in the end). They make more money as contractors when they sell more equipment to a subscriber (without permission in this case).

What do you mean by you fell for that in the end? Was the cost of the extra equipment not explained at the time of the install? I think I would of questioned the tech installing different/extra equipment if it was not what was quoted to me.
Expand your moderator at work
RalphKramden
join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA

RalphKramden to MDA

to MDA

Re: [X1-X2] New X1 subscribers be aware...

said by MDA:

Seems like you gave him permission even though you knew it was too good to be true.

MDA
Auto Negotiating
Premium Member
Minneapolis, MN
Netgear CM600
Asus RT-AC66U B1

MDA to mike31US

Premium Member

to mike31US

Re: [X1-X2] Re: New X1 subscribers be aware...

said by mike31US See Profile
What do you mean by you fell for that in the end? Was the cost of the extra equipment not explained at the time of the install? I think I would of questioned the tech installing different/extra equipment if it was not what was quoted to me.

said by RalphKramden See Profile
Seems like you gave him permission even though you knew it was too good to be true.

He did not say that it was going to cost extra (that's the whole point about BEWARE...)

Said it was included in the price and yeah my mistake to believe it (we fell for it in the end, being the next bill).

I was told by retention that usually contractors make more trying to "sneak in" extra equipment to the bundle and say its included when its actually not. What I'm trying to say is don't be fooled like we were and end up getting a fatter bill.
mike31US
join:2013-08-15
Orting, WA

mike31US

said by MDA:

He did not say that it was going to cost extra (that's the whole point about BEWARE...)

Said it was included in the price and yeah my mistake to believe it (we fell for it in the end, being the next bill).

I was told by retention that usually contractors make more trying to "sneak in" extra equipment to the bundle and say its included when its actually not. What I'm trying to say is don't be fooled like we were and end up getting a fatter bill.

Ahh gotcha. That's unfortunate, I've not heard about that before. Hopefully you will get it all sorted, if not already.

MDA
Auto Negotiating
Premium Member
Minneapolis, MN

MDA

Premium Member

Fortunately we did without it dragging on longer than a day, but it kind of makes you take a step back and think what else they might be overcharging you for...

wolf
@valassis.com

wolf

Anon

Exactly...The last two times I called to change my channel lineup package I was so confused by the end of the call that I wasn't sure what I was getting & how much it would cost me. Both times ended up paying slightly more than I had planned on but wasn't a big enough difference to make it an issue. But from CC's standpoint multiply that by a couple of million & you've got a significant new earnings stream. Almost makes you think that they keep their packages & pricing deliberately confusing to customers...
MikePWV
join:2010-09-08
Martinsburg, WV

MikePWV to MDA

to MDA

Re: [X1-X2] New X1 subscribers be aware...

i got lucky on my X1 installl i guess. Upgraded to a triple play package few months back. Got 2 new X1 boxes and gateway installed. Rep waived all fee's for a new install for me. Got a pretty good deal on the package too for $130.

MDA
Auto Negotiating
Premium Member
Minneapolis, MN

MDA

Premium Member

Just make sure your next bill isn't higher than its suppose to be
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA