pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

1 edit

pandora

Premium Member

[Game] Lots of changes on April 15 with GW2

There have been a lot of changes in GW2 as of April 15, 2014. Some seem similar to attempts by Blizzard to fix low population servers. Some changes seem good (most if not all soulbound items are now account bound), dyes are shared across an account, guilds are planned to allow cross realm support (one guild on multiple servers all sharing the same achievements and what not, able to form parties).

Some not so good, changes in drops, some champions were downgraded to elites, some of the events have changed (SB dragon as an example).

Supposedly level 1-15 PvE areas are now cross realm, you will be put in a non-empty map. This will eventually cover all ranges, same for some aspects of PvP now (PvP in GW2 is always at max level, you are up leveled if you begin PvP). PvP will eventually be cross server, no realm.

The cost of way points seems higher, and traits were reset, and reduced (instead of 70 traits, we now seem to have 14, but each new trait is about the same as 5 older traits). As traits were used typically in groups of 5, it's not a big deal for most players. Though when you log on, a message to see changes is presented, if you don't read it, you may be unaware about the trait reset.

A wardrobe has been created, when disenchanting any item not in your wardrobe, it's automatically added. For maximum level players transmutation can be expensive, for players below 80 it won't be a problem.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Wow, some big changes. Thanks for the heads up. I logged in a couple weeks ago and started a new character, the game is fun as ever. The server I was on still seemed to have a pretty high population, it was good to see.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

I've had some time to play with the changes, here is a brief rundown.

1) Traits no longer cost anything to reset, you don't have to be at a trainer to retrait. You can add or remove traits to your tree, and change anything, anywhere without being in a town or near any particular NPC. This is supposedly to encourage users to experiment with traits.

2) No cost for repairs, the repair system may be junked, in favor of a never needs repair system, but for now, all repairs at the repair NPC's are free. Likely there will never be any cost for repairs again.

3) A lot of stuff is free today, you can buy transmutation items, and many other items which usually cost real cash, at no cost today. Quantities are limited to 5 of each item per account.

4) Most soulbound gear is account bound, but some (mostly karma gear) is still soulbound.

5) Some of the champions are no longer champions, but are now classified as elite. They are easier to kill, but offer no champion rewards. The train in Queensdale is affected by the Spider going from Champion to Elite.

6) Some traits seem to have changed, on my necromancer and mesmer it appears passive healing has been added as a side effect in various areas of the trait system. My necromancer's pets regularly remove conditions, and heal myself and up to 4 other players. They also seem to heal themselves. Which makes bone minions last longer.

7) Way point costs are up, and cash from champion kills is down. The cost of traveling in a train has increased.

8) The value of dyes has dropped considerably. Worse the laurel vendor now only provides 1 unknown dye for 5 laurels instead of the previous 10.

9) The old trait tiers are now broken down into blue, green and gold, similar to the colors which represent the enchants on equipment. At the top of each tier, is a trait you may learn by performing an action OR by purchase at a trainer. Trait costs vary, but are sold with both a silver and gold value plus a number of skill points. So you either complete an event, or find something, or buy with gold and skill points if you like the talent.

10) Level 80 characters seem to have all talents learned, with an exception of one new talent (the top talent in each tier). These seem to be new talents, and are expensive to buy. Most are obtained by completing events in places like Malchors Leap.

Hope that helps.