All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Awqassa
@teksavvy.com

Awqassa

Anon

Downtown Toronto (King/Bathurst)- CABLE or DSL???

As the title says, Downtown Toronto (King/Bathurst)- CABLE or DSL???

Lots of VOIP, Synology NAS for video streaming etc, FPS games...

Any ideas which is best when signing up for Start?

Cheers

Start Sam
join:2014-01-21
London, ON

Start Sam

It really comes down to what preference you have and usage. The differences between DSL and Cable are minute.

For your NAS, if you're streaming outbound, if you qualify for one of our VDSL packages (25/10 or 50/10), I would suggest DSL. The extra upload will help with outbound streaming.

You can create an account and PM me your address so I can qualify your home or you can call our sales to get qualified.

Let me know if I can further assist!.

Awassa
@teksavvy.com

Awassa

Anon

Thx SS - both your cable and DSL packages have 10Mbs upload, so same thing really?... could DSL be the more "reliable/consistent" tech as cable is "shared"? Living right downtown "shared" might be tricky (huge density of population), so would DSL alleviate those concerns?

Start Sam
join:2014-01-21
London, ON

Start Sam

Well, you would pay an extra $10 for the 10Mbps upload on cable, so you save yourself that with VDSL. Plus some better usage packages compared to anything below 45Mbps on Cale.

DSL does have that dedicated line from the DSLAM to your home. Generally speaking, for the GTA we don't really see congestion issues, it's quite rare.

So really, I would say it comes down the speed you want and usage.