spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ctaranto
join:2011-12-14
MA

ctaranto

Not interesting

As a cord cutter, this is not interesting. The entire goal (for me) of CtC was to do away with below the line fees/taxes, ridiculous DVR rental prices, inflated content prices, and energy costs (removing 3 of those DVR boxes from my house saved me about $15/month).

I'm content with 75/35 FiOS, paying the quoted price (no taxes, fees, or surcharges).
ndwbr
join:2003-07-10
Atlanta, GA

ndwbr

That's great for you - what about us poor slobs stuck on AT&T 6mbps DSL at $51/mo - wait, going up to $54/mo in May... as far as I'm concerned, a one-time charge of $67 for a DOCSYS 3.0 cable modem from Amazon and $39.99 for Comcast 25mbps for the next 12 months is a good deal (if you can put up with Customer no support!) I hope to be on Google Fiber in 12 months!

ctaranto
join:2011-12-14
MA

ctaranto

said by ndwbr:

That's great for you - what about us poor slobs...

Posts are in the opinion of the writer. I don't think I need to keep saying "for me" and "in my opinion". If you have Comcast HSI available to you through this program, then you also have it available to you without this program. I don't see what you're trying to get at.

In addition, when my wife and I were looking for a house, good HSI (as well as good schools) were prerequisites. At the time, Comcast was the only show in down, but their internet service is decent in our area. FiOS moved in a couple years ago.