how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thataboi

join:2004-03-09
Springfield, OR

Needed 911 and of course MJ+ FAILED...

Yep, failed to go through and they charged for the 911 service. The account says it is up and running good and has all the correct address info. The call simply says please dial area code. Dial area code and then 911 and nothing. I think a class action lawsuit is in order.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

1 edit
said by thataboi:

... failed to go through ... Dial area code and then 911 and nothing. I think a class action lawsuit is in order.

I know of no provider ... landline, cellular, VoIP ... that requires dialing an Area Code before the 911!

Think about it. If you live in Oregon and dial 212-911, do you really expect a New York City Emergency Management responder to answer your call?! If a visitor to your home had an emergency, would you (or MagicJack) expect them to dial an area code + 911? I think not.

Just dial '911'.

thataboi

join:2004-03-09
Springfield, OR
Apparently you can't read. I did dial only 911 and a voice said, must first dial the area code.

pensioner
Premium
join:2005-02-20
Clarksville, TN
reply to thataboi
said by thataboi:

I think a class action lawsuit is in order.

count me out - I'm not a believer in class action suits

swcomant

@xanadoo.com
reply to thataboi
I don't use 911. The local emergency numbers are posted on my desk and other house phones. Sometimes the 911 number could be busy.

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
reply to thataboi
That's interesting, I wonder if anybody else has had the same experience? Since they charge the local fees for the service it seems like they should guarantee it working.
--
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
Continues:
»Update
--
Ad astra per alas porci!!