spc
uniqs

DarkHelmet
join:2014-02-21

DarkHelmet to UHF

to UHF

Re: [Electrical] Aluminum wiring

said by UHF:

The maintenance man, who works for the landlord, told her the wiring was aluminum. Apparently he called in a second guy because he wasn't qualified to work on this problem. She said the second guy appeared to know what he was doing, but I'm not sure what he did to actually fix it. Hopefully he did it right, but the rest of the wiring in the building is a concern.

I'll tell her to ask management to check over the rest of the wiring in her unit. Maybe she can say she's paranoid because one of the firemen told her it can be dangerous, and then they won't think she's "bitching" so much as just being a paranoid little bitch

You're not going to get them to rewire the building even if you call every news station and fire department in the entire state. The best you can do is get them to make sure what's there is safe.

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF

MVM

said by DarkHelmet:

ou're not going to get them to rewire the building even if you call every news station and fire department in the entire state. The best you can do is get them to make sure what's there is safe.

I agree. That's all I would expect them to do. Just check terminations to make sure they're tight and not getting hot.