« King of the NerdsMoP »
This is a sub-selection from Worst Rep Grind

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Energystream

to Energystream

Re: Worst Rep Grind

said by Energystream:

How did it compare in terms of grind though?

Someone mentioned Hydraxian Waterlords, but if you raided in Vanilla it wasn't aweful.

I didn't start playing until WotLK, and didn't get round to Thorium Brotherhood or Hydraxian Waterlords until Cataclysm. By then Thorium Brotherhood had had the nerf and you got the quest hand in items via Molton Core too. The furbolds in the tunnel also got nerfed around the same time, I did 50% at slow pace and the other 50% with the nerf.

I can imagine Hydraxian Waterlords was a bad grind, even at level. The trash only give XP to a certain point and then it's a chore. Even with full clears each week it took me an age, and I can't see many guilds managing to clear the place week in week out with any great consistancy at level. Moving through the core was also a bind, long walk to first 2 bosses then a long walk to the next ones. It got better then, but the last few again involved some dodgy walking, before having to walk all the way back to Ragnaros. To compound my hatred for this grind Blizz then decide to adds pets to the bosses AFTER I hit exalted.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Silverwing sentinals. Only getting rep for flag caps added in to the fact that the Alliance is HORRIBLE at BGs that aren't Alterac Valley.

Now that I play a Horde toon I do BGs more often because people don't really fight in the middle or an the roads nearly as much, will defend bases and move behind to cap a base when the Alliance sends 10 people to fight endlessly against a Warrior and Paladin with a pocket healer........

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

said by qualitybobby:

added in to the fact that the Alliance is HORRIBLE at BGs that aren't Alterac Valley.

I was in AB prior to coming to work today with my new lock and Ally in BGs want to make me pull my hair out. I thinking seriously about going Horde on my lock beause of this but Stormrage is so Ally heavy I would probably have to move servers for a better Horde economy.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
At level wasn't bad, it has been a long time, but there used to be mobs outside molten core that you had to grind anyway to get the water (every week) to put out the fires to open up the last bosses.

They did away with it at some point.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

You just had to work on the quest chain to get the unique one-use waters. However, you'd have to go back out to that silly island every week - along with enough other people from your raid - to have enough waters to open up Domo. At revered, you could get a version that had unlimited uses, but had a one-hour cooldown - so you'd still need multiple people with quintessence of one sort or another, although that depended on how fast your raid moved through the instance.

Oh, and don't forget the glorious 15, 30, and 45 minute trash respawn timers.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Loot the hounds!