uniqs
share rss forum feed

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to diablo1892

Re: [Appliances] Need to know where to get my gasget's from.

said by diablo1892:

Engine is still good as new but wasn't running right so i thought tearing it down and rebuilding it would be so much better than buying a whole new one.

Specifically what is the reason for the rebuild? Valves? Rings? Low compression? I don't see any reason to rebuild an engine that is "still good as new" when it sounds more like it just "wasn't running right" without more information as regards the actual problem.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

1 edit
said by robbin:

said by diablo1892:

Engine is still good as new but wasn't running right so i thought tearing it down and rebuilding it would be so much better than buying a whole new one.

Specifically what is the reason for the rebuild? Valves? Rings? Low compression? I don't see any reason to rebuild an engine that is "still good as new" when it sounds more like it just "wasn't running right" without more information as regards the actual problem.

I admit I lied there.. I am no professional in any of this kind of stuff (maybe more vehicle). I was told that my carbitrator may need cleaned out. After priming on it atleast 2-3 times and then firing up just fine (5 minutes later) it starts bogging down the entire time i mow and its been doing this for atleast a whole year now.

I'm not a professional in any of this, i should say, because i never messed with such small parts. Me and my uncle work on vehicles, vehicles is where i'm better with. With small engine type of appliances, I think all it would need is some stuff to clean with, new belt and all coming to a cheap cost but nooo, supposedly its expensive (according to my uncle).

I thought rebuilding it would be fairly close to "sham wham bam thank ya ma'am" so to say. Just get some clean stuff (couple dollars) and then buy the gasgets (witch are expensive i guess).
--
I hope your reading this papap. You were as kind, sweet and easy going person I ever met.
You no longer have to suffer from all the pain you had when down here on earth.
I love you.

R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise 8/9/45-11/21/13

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-15
none
probably just a gummed up carb. put some seafoam in the gas and see if it runs better after a tankful or two.
--
Lack of Preparation on YOUR Part does NOT Constitute an Emergency on Mine!