Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to diablo1892

Re: [Appliances] Need to know where to get my gasget's from.

My biggest gripe with Craftsman power equipment throughout the years was that Sears was the only source of spare parts for the Craftsman brand. I don't know if it's still true, but they used to have you over a barrel for parts because no one else seemed to stock spare parts. That said, check the engine manufacturer for engine-specific parts. Mower body parts (other than the engine)... you still might be stuck with Sears.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
said by Pacrat:

My biggest gripe with Craftsman power equipment throughout the years was that Sears was the only source of spare parts for the Craftsman brand. I don't know if it's still true, but they used to have you over a barrel for parts because no one else seemed to stock spare parts. That said, check the engine manufacturer for engine-specific parts. Mower body parts (other than the engine)... you still might be stuck with Sears.

ok, thanks.. I found some phone numbers on the papers where my step dad had found out about the mower and its sweet deal witch was $150 at that time. I might just end up buying a whole new mower if i can't get the parts but i'll find a way to get it fully rebuilt. its still a great engine.
--
I hope your reading this papap. You were as kind, sweet and easy going person I ever met.
You no longer have to suffer from all the pain you had when down here on earth.
I love you.

R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise 8/9/45-11/21/13