Papillion, NE

1 recommendation

navymaverick

[Lore] The next in-game "Hog"

Click for full size
»www.gameinformer.com/b/n ··· ers.aspx

Horde And Alliance Compete To Make The Most Epic Bike In Azeroth Choppers
by Cameron Koch on April 17, 2014 at 03:06 PM

The Horde and Alliance in World of Warcraft are always competing with one another, for land, resources, or just because they don't like each other. Now in a new web-show they are competing for something a little different – who has the more epic chopper?

Blizzard's first episode of the eight episode series "Azeroth Choppers" debuted today and has two teams of bike experts, one Alliance and one Horde, competing to design a killer chopper that channels everything their in-game faction stands for. The team members were handpicked by master motorcycle designer Paul Jr., and each team also includes members of the World of Warcraft development team to make sure each chopper stays true to Blizzard's vision.

This is cool and all, but what is it for? At the end of the series fans will get to vote on which chopper reigns supreme. The bike with the most support will then be put into World of Warcraft for players to enjoy alongside many of the game's already existing vehicles.

Episode one has the Blizzard team meeting up with Paul Jr. for the first time and discussing the iconic look of the Horde and Alliance. It also ends on a terrible cliffhanger. Thankfully we won't have to wait too long to find out what happens, as the next episode is set to release next Thursday, April 24.

Our Take
I never expected Blizzard to dabble in reality TV, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. I look forward to seeing what crazy designs the two teams can come up with. Also, is their any doubt that the Horde is totally going to win this? For the Horde!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· embedded

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

okay, that was cool. Looking forward to these builds. Thanks for sharing!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

They need to be 2-seaters, ok the horde one needs to be a 3 seater

z aXis
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Arlington Heights, IL

z aXis to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
Prefer a motorcycle to be a bike and not a trike. Personally.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to navymaverick

MVM

to navymaverick
I wonder if these are going to be engineering builds or purchased mounts.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

From the way I understood it, they will be awarded to players for free (I assume for the 10th anniversary). Whatever faction wins gets their bike, and the losing faction does not get one on that factions toons, only on the winning faction alts.

To make that less confusing, if the horde bike wins, you get the bike on your horde toons and not your alliance ones.

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies' room.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to qualitybobby

MVM

to qualitybobby
Then either way I guess I'm getting a new bike. Right now the Horde bike looks like a Horde bike. The Alliance bike looks like a starter Horde bike. Tracks are great for the Horde, but the Alliance needs steel wheels.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to navymaverick

to navymaverick
Those track-treads make them both seem appealing for the snow laden environments only.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino to navymaverick

to navymaverick
I am honestly disappointed with the series. The Alliance team is all about humans and Paladins while the Horde team is all Orcs and warriors. There are more to both factions than just humans and orcs. It's telling for the direction the story has gone in recent years.

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

IMO, alliance and horde both should incorporate gnomish and goblin engineering styles respectively. Standard lore dictates that the gnomes and goblins design, and build most of their factions vehicles. Instead of conceptualizing pally vs. warrior, they should think gnome vs. goblin.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to navymaverick

to navymaverick
I've not seen any yet, but going to catch up tonight as people are saying it's pretty cool.