spc
Search similar:

uniqs
whyamihere
join:2008-10-01
Tyler, TX

whyamihere

Uverse price increase DURING promo period

I searched several times on DSLR for posts about this. Surprised to find nothing.

About 2 months ago I got notice of a price increase for Uverse internet only, with 5 - 6 mo left on my current 12 mo. price promo.

Called their retention dept - asked WTH?
Rep confirmed they were actually trying to raise prices "for everyone" - indicated it wasn't just a mistake on my bill.

Informed her that the TOS clearly do NOT allow price increases during fixed period promo price reductions. Clearly a breach of contract.

After discussion, she credited my acct for the total increase for remaining promo period (NOT that she'd get the mistake corrected). Indeed, my monthly bill still shows the price increase. Indicating it was intentional. Likely, to see how many would protest or let it slide. She did NOT deny that they were doing this. They tried the SAME thing when I had AT&T DSL (that didn't fly, either).

I also "forced" her to give a further substantial acct credit, for wasting my time on this & many, many other completely * avoidable * screwups. (Other companies - may - now be just as bad, but for my acct, AT&T has become the definition of incompetence.

** If they increased your price * DURING * a fixed period promo, call the "Retention Dept." (NOT customer service) & make them credit the amt of the increase PLUS more to compensate you for time to deal w/ their flagrant (intentional) contract violation.

** Also, report them to your state's Attorney General office - for unfair / fraudulent business practices; or the appropriate state agency. Many states have dedicated depts - just for consumers to report businesses for unfair or fraudulent practices (here - breaking specific terms of a contract).

I've never, EVER had close to this much trouble on any other service, purchase, contract - in my long life. Not as many screw ups (an amazing variety) in several yrs of AT&T DSL as in a few months of Uverse. NONE of the problems were ever my fault or due to my house phone wiring, etc.

WordLyfe
@comcast.net

WordLyfe

Anon

"Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees and other charges including a $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. Residential customers only. Credit restrictions may apply. Pricing, programming, and features subject to change at any time without notice."

From the Uverse site in the terms of service for all offers.
whyamihere
join:2008-10-01
Tyler, TX

whyamihere

WordLyfe - which part of the material you quoted, was intended to show they could raise base cost of a service during a fixed period promo? (see TOS below). Regardless of AT&T's stated reason, I don't care for non-regulatory approved price hikes during a contract period.

According to the retention agent (for what that's worth), the price increase for my internet- only plan wasn't due to any of the costs you mentioned. Can't speak to those w/ Uverse TV or phone. If the Retention rep was wrong, she was wrong - but still gave a very substantial credit for far more than the "price increase."

I'm also basing this off of the legally binding TOS, that AT&T provided, in effect at time of purchase, for my specific product.

I doubt they'd have so easily given a credit for the full amt of the increase, plus a credit of several months service, if they were completely w/in their rights. Partly because I have a very low priced "internet only" plan & no other AT&T services, so they wouldn't lose much if I left.

From the legally binding "AT&T High Speed Internet Terms of Service," provided at time of purchase:
4. Pricing

a. Term Plans, Bundle Discounts. When you purchased the Service, you agreed to specific price and plan, which may have included a term of one, two, or three years (“Term Plan”). Similarly, some plans may offer a discount on the Service if you sign up for other AT&T services (“Bundle Discount”). You agree to maintain your Service and the bundled services for the applicable term. If you signed up for a Term Plan or a Bundle Discount, the price available with those plans is valid until one of the following occurs, at which time your price may revert to the then-existing price for your service:
(1) the term expires;
(2) you move from your current service address to another service address; or
(3) you drop one of the AT&T services you were required to purchase to receive the special rate.
efreet0
join:2014-04-14

efreet0

what changed on your invoice? Right now you are just ranting and not telling us anything useful.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to WordLyfe

Premium Member

to WordLyfe
Despite the fine print the current offers state things such "$119/month for 24 months"

my thoughts

Anon

Triple play u300, max plus, voip for $119 for 24 months includes 1 tv (dvr).

Things not included in $119, hsia fee $7 and local broadcast fee $2.99
Your $119 promotion is really $128.99

want HD add $10 (fee)
Want more than 1 tv add $8 per receiver.

these added expenses are either EQUIPMENT or SERVICE fees not a part of your $119 promotion and can be increased according to the terms of service everybody has to agree to in order to receive service.

"Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees, and other charges including a $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. Residential customers only."

More people need to read what they agree to....
»www.att.com/u-verse/att- ··· vice.jsp