Search similar:

uniqs

btB
@76.173.53.x

btB to btB

Anon

to btB

Re: Official CFL - 2014 thread

In game 1, Rider Nation looked like a wishbone/triple-option/whatever team that has no passing game at all. As the case with those types of offenses when you fall behind, the chances of coming back are zero. Either Sunseri is injured or George Cortez has zero confidence in his ability. Cortez's offense with Sunseri was to have him run plays where he cannot screw up.
btB

btB

Anon

In game 2, the Bombers played like this was 2012. More specifically, right after Lapolice was fired when the team was in total disarray. Instead of adjusting to a new system, I suspect this game will lead to a new system next year as this was probably the last straw for Etcheverry. Not that Etcheverry is to be blamed for everything. Offense stunk as well.
btB

btB

Anon

Yesterday, demoted Nic Grigsby was released. Today, it is Troy Smith.
btB

btB

Anon

About the only thing interesting in the Redblack's game was Mark Nelson trying to blitz more with the Ti-Cats having inexperince at running back. Ti-Cats did not score much, but not much was needed as Burris and the Redblack offensive stuggles continue. It will be pretty easy in the offseason to criticize a 2nd-year franchise trying to build for the future while going with a 40 year-old at quarterback.

Rumor has it the Kerry Joseph will start for Rider Nation on Sunday. So, what are the chances the Joseph will be impressive and maybe pull out a win? Let me put it this way. I would give better odds of him being gone within a week after starting on Sunday than him doing well.
btB

btB

Anon

Argo's defense cannot be blamed for the loss in game 1. Offense just could not flip the field after consistently getting pinned in their own end. Getting a call reversed on defensive pass interference, and Ricky Ray getting stopped on 3rd & Inches sealed their fate. Milanovich was trying to save a few seconds by having Ray take the 3rd down plunge instead of Gale.

In game 2, second and third string qb's Brohm and Marve as well as Cotton had their moments where you thought might make a game out it. Good effort, but everybody & the mother knew the Bomber defense would not be able to get a stop when the game was on the line.
btB

btB

Anon

Today's game just showed how little faith Cortez has in Sunseri. He let Joseph air it out for the most part. Remember, the guy is 41 and has been there for only 2 weeks. Taking that into consideration, I would say Joseph performed slightly better than expected. Was that performance good enough for him to get the start again next week or him still being on the team if Durant does come back in a couple weeks? We shall see.
btB

btB

Anon

In game 1, Redblacks got no sympathy or breaks from those in charge. Difference in the game was 2 challenges which they both lost. One was a no-call that turned into Defensive Pass Interference. Other was a Command Center review which reversed a fumble recovery deep in Al's territory. Wackiest coach's decision all year occurred on this play as Campbell challenged the Command Center's review. No way was Campbell going to overturn something they just decided on.

Feel-good story did not happen in game 2 either. Through 3 quarters, Joseph looked like he would have the best qb performance of the day as Rider Nation is up by 12 going in to the 4th. Stamps proceeds to score 25 in the 4th, and Joseph ends the day with 4 INT's.
btB

btB

Anon

Ti-Cats made the Argo defense look good for too long to win the game. There were signs that the Argos might fold when they gave up a touchdown after the Ti-Cats started on the 1 yard line. In the end though, the Ti-Cats offensive line had trouble giving Collaros enough time to make plays.

Is there an echo or something? It was worse in game 2 as Willy getting sacked 10 times. You are not going to get far if your team has bad pass protection and bad run defense. Boo birds were even out at the end of the game. Wonder if O'Shea's act is getting old in Winnipeg already.
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000 to jaberi

to jaberi
I was kind of hoping BC would get the crossover spot, but we've now gone ahead of the riders and have an extra game to play. It seems like it would be a much easier route to the final going through the east than the west.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to btB

to btB
said by btB :

Other was a Command Center review which reversed a fumble recovery deep in Al's territory. Wackiest coach's decision all year occurred on this play as Campbell challenged the Command Center's review. No way was Campbell going to overturn something they just decided on.

It's actually even worse than that. What you didn't see on TV is that the original review, which is automatic whenever a turnover is called, confirmed the fumble and recovery. Montreal challenged that call and the command centre reversed their first review. It's only after that that Ottawa challenged the call again. There were three reviews in total: one confirmed the on-field call, one reversed it and the third confirmed the reversal.

For whatever reason (I think there was a commercial break called by TSN right after the fumble) all you saw on the broadcast was the second review call and Ottawa's challenge of it.

We were actually laughing our asses off in the stands. We figured whichever team was going to run out of timeouts to challenge first would lose the call.

btB
@76.94.192.x

btB

Anon

Of course, the final twist is that the CFL later said the play should have been ruled a fumble.

As far as tonight's Redblacks game, all I can say that are lucky they still have one more game left on the schedule. If 5 turnovers is your last impression of your team for the year, then most likely head were going to roll in the offseason. Of course, that still might happen. Anyway, the Ti-Cats did not have to do much tonight. All they had to do was wait for the Redblacks to screw up.
btB

btB

Anon

Game 1 showed that with enough gifts, even the Bombers can beat you. Bigger importance for the Stamps is the condition of Cornish and Price. Fortunately for the Stamps, neither is needed until the West Finals.

In Game 2, Lions showed nothing as they were outclassed by the Eskimos in a blowout loss. Even if Lulay comes back for a rematch in the West Semifinals, is that enough to make a difference? Not if tonight is representative of how good the Lions are against the Eskimos.
btB

btB

Anon

Argos could have won the game as they played like they had the home field advantage. That is mostly because Swayze Waters has a much better leg than Sean Whyte. Plus, Ray is superior to Crompton. Problem was the Argo defense giving up big plays to an ugly Al's passing game.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Lions are in big trouble and probably won't go very far in the payoffs.

I'm sorta waiting for them right now as I haven't even watched a game in weeks.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi
Wow can't believe the Lions crossover to the East and play the Alouettes,then possibly the Tiger-Cats and could be in the Grey Cup.

This is such a joke that the CFL is so mediocre that B.C. is still in it..........it's a given that Calgary wins the Cup this year unless the Esks have a super game to knock them out.

Terrible football .

btB
@76.94.192.x

btB

Anon

Lions are still in it because the Redblacks are an expansion team, while the Argos and Bombers had god-awful defense.

1. Game 1 on Friday showed the the Redblacks got worse as the season progressed.
2. Game 2 showed the Stamps as the favorite even though some rate the Eskimos higher in their power rankings.
3. Game 1 on Saturday showed the Als as completely disorganized while trying to win with somebody's discarded quarterback.
4. Kinda surpised the last game of the year was so intense. Maybe Rider Nation thinks Reilly's health is an issue. I don't know. Who would you rather face: an injured Reilly/Matt Nichols OR that ugly passing game in Montreal?
btB

btB

Anon

Matt Nichols named starter for the West Semi-Finals. Rumor last week was that Reilly had a broken bone in his foot.

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope

Reilly will be in the game well before halftime.

btB
@76.94.192.x

btB

Anon

Would not be surprised since he would even play with a concussion. As far as the other quarterbacks injured for this weekend, Rider Nation will likely know by Thursday whether Durant is able to start or not. Lulay is now on the Lion's active roster, but will not start.

The divisional all-stars were named today. Bombers had 1 (2 if you want to count Grigsby). Not surprisingly, no Bombers were named all-stars on defense. Argos had 0 on defense as well. Redblacks were completely shutout on both sides of the ball.

With no talent, you would think that the coaching staff might get a pass this year. Nope. Mike Gibson is no longer the OC for Ottawa.

Speaking of coaches, I wonder if either of the East Semi-Final coaches are in trouble if there is a one-sided game. Even if the game is close, it would not surprise me if either team decided to go in a different direction next year.
btB

btB

Anon

Joseph was today named the starter for the West Semi-finals. That means 3 of the 4 (Joseph, Crompton, and Nichols) starting quarterbacks this weekend were backups on the 2013 Eskimo team. Okay technically Nichols was injured the whole year, but he would have backup Reilly if he had stayed healthy. Of course, the Eskimos did not even make the playoffs in 2013.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to jaberi

MVM

to jaberi
Tough call as to who I want to win the Western Semi Final, I mean we love beating Edmonton in anything, but those Stubble Jumper fans are just way to much fun so all I hope is its a brutal tough game just to tenderize up the competition before the Red and White runs all over them next week.

The CFL Rocks!!!!

Blake

btB
@76.94.192.x

btB

Anon

Durant is definitely out. If Reilly is healthy enough to come in if needed, then I would think the Eskimos should have the upper hand. That would be pretty embarrassing to the Eskimos if they lost to a team led by Kerry Joseph who was their veteran short yardage quarterback last year.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi
Brutal game between the Lions and ALS...........they look like jr teams.

0-0.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to jaberi

to jaberi
I would be surprised if Mike Benevides is still the head coach next year. Great
defensive coach but I think the offense side is not his strong point.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Lions are killing themselves with stupid penalties.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to jaberi

to jaberi
Wow....the TV crew is not happy at all with the refereeing. I thought that smack in
Philip's face was offensive interference.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Game over 22-3..........going to watch the Seahawks instead.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to jaberi

to jaberi
It's 142 to 3 now.

FaxCap

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope to jaberi

to jaberi
Mike Reilly just stepped into the game, half way through the 3rd quarter and the score 17 - 7 for Edmonton. Thank god. Nichols hasn't strung a couple completions all game and if it wasn't for Sask's Joseph throwing interception after interception this would be a much different game.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
50-17..........holy crap,glad I shut it off...........Seahawks lost too.