uniqs

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre

Premium Member

What kind of TV stand would you recommend for this tv?

I am not good at shopping for furniture, and I am ordering one of these tv's from Amazon; Samsung UN65H7150 65-Inch. I do not know what kind of TV stand to get. I see a lot of people buying 199$ TV stands and I do not want a TV stand would buckle under the weight of the TV. Can anyone here make any recommendations?

Now somebody is going to say mount it on the wall and I am going to put out there that I am paranoid about mounting TVs on the wall and the quality of services out here would make me decide not to have someone come in and do it professionally judging by the lack of quality when dealing with local people here.

Anyway, as always thanks in advance for your time.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Pressed board could handle 36" crt televisions, and those were heavy. The construction hasn't changed all that much with them, however in their specs they are rated for tvs up to XX" now.

I'm not making an official recommendation, but I like the style of these, open for air flow when you have a component surround system like I have. Early entainment centers might of had a closed off back, and a glass door, which in the summertime would cause my receiver to overheat. I ripped off the back, and removed the glass door off an old one.
Link fixed
»www.bestbuy.com/site/sea ··· +65+inch
I'm not suggesting you buy from this company either, but just using them as a reference.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to atuarre

to atuarre
For any wondering how much the UN65H7150 weighs: 55.1 lbs.

(from »www.samsung.com/us/video ··· 150AFXZA )

I have had no issues with cheap tv stands in the past... just make sure its rated for at least 56 lbs... most are.

These days I have all my tv's mounted on the wall, the key is to make sure the mount is attached to a stud. For each wall mount, I went to sams club, picked up wall mounting kits, and did it myself... pretty easy. One thing with wall mounting... most electrical codes require you mount an electrical outlet, no running power cords through holes in the wall.

Good luck!

Tex
Dave's not here
Premium Member
join:2012-10-20

Tex to atuarre

Premium Member

to atuarre
»www.ikea.com/us/en/catal ··· 0218458/

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis to atuarre

Premium Member

to atuarre
Surely you could find someone in Houston that would do a quality install. You're only 30 miles away.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre

Premium Member

I bounce around between here (Lake Charles), the Woodlands, and Bryan/College Station. No one from Houston is going to come out here to install a wall mount.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

to BlitzenZeus
Click for full size
Click for full size
I’ve got something very similar to the linked stand for my 55” and absolutely love it! I’ve always had particle board crap from Sauder and a few years ago when I got the new TV for my bedroom and all of the other toys I wanted a decent stand preferably tempered glass. Originally, after a week of looking I found a really nice one at a Worst Buy 60+ miles away. It was rated for up to 65”s, had tempered glass shelves, with wooden legs, a mount to mount the TV on and built in conduit for easier and cleaner wiring management. Went out there out there on a Saturday and picked it up, got it home, started to assemble it and noticed it was damaged. Took it back to a more local Worst Buy and found the stand I have now.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman to atuarre

Premium Member

to atuarre
I have this exact stand that Steve Mehs is showing. I give it a ten.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

Did you get it from BB as well, or somewhere else?

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

Craig's list. Boxed new.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

2 recommendations

WK2 to atuarre

Premium Member

to atuarre
I got both of mine from Ikea

»www.ikea.com/us/en/catal ··· 0250963/

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to atuarre

MVM

to atuarre
I bought a "Whalen" glass/wood stand for my 50" - from Walmart. The website says it's for 47" max but the packaging says 50" as well as a max weight of 120+ lbs. My TV weighs less than 60 lbs.

I like it, as does my wife. My requirements were something reasonably small (we had a 57" RP CRT previously and didn't want a giant TV stand taking up almost the same amount of space) and that it be "open" shelved (mainly for the DVR). I also wanted the ability to mount it on a bracket like this unit has, although that wasn't mandatory. I'm not a fan of wall-mounted TVs. My wife likes to re-arrange the room a few times a year...
Hall

Hall to WK2

MVM

to WK2
said by WK2:

I got both of mine from Ikea

We looked at IKEA and I was disappointed. I really expected to find something much more modern or contemporary there, but didn't see anything we liked...

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre

Premium Member

Yeah...I did not like any of the stuff on the IKEA website...

It looks...i do not know the word I am looking for. I ended up ordering a stand from Amazon. I also went down a size because everyone was telling me the TV will be too large for the room it is going in.

If I like it though, I might end up ordering the 65 anyway and mounting the other on the wall. Hopefully I do not get a lemon. They are supposed to deliver it Friday so hopefully the stand arrives Wednesday.

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

TheTechGuru to atuarre

to atuarre
I always wall mount my TV's using wall mount kits from www.monoprice.com

Alakar
Facts do not cease to exist when ignored
join:2001-03-23
Milwaukee, WI

Alakar to atuarre

to atuarre
I've got one of these for my 51". I didn't want to do the wall mount thing either, but I also didn't want the TV free standing. I have grandkids and didn't want them knocking it down on their heads.

»www.avistausa.com/produc ··· sp?id=11

The quality is very good with metal framing, solid wood and tempered glass. They have various styles and different models for different sized TV's. Walmart even carries some of their stuff so you may be able to pick it up locally.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre

Premium Member

I saw some of those but on wheels. I think I might have my 40 inch mounted some where else. If that one falls off the wall and breaks I don't care but the stand that I ordered for the new tv came in the day before yesterday and it was heavy as hell.