dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
roscoojam
join:2007-07-23

roscoojam

ZyXEL VSG-1432 lose ethernet connection after reboot or sleep.

I never had this problem with my old dlink modem and telus...only now since I got the ZyXEL VSG-1432 modem (which I need for telus 25)

If I'm hardwired into modem with ethernet cable and I wake from sleep or reboot I lose connection to internet...and only way to get connection back is by either unplugging and replugging ethernet cable,or by rebooting modem....this does not happen if I'm using wifi (only when using ethernet cable)...also this happens no matter the operating system (win,mac,linux,chrome os)

Any ideas? I'm guessing I need to set something within the modem settings...

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth

If you were to set a static IP lease(Static DHCP) on those wired lan connections, does it still happen after wake or boot?
roscoojam
join:2007-07-23

roscoojam

I tryed doing with my asus chromebox (network settings/home network/static dhcp/adding device mac address,setting active) and yes it still loses connection after reboot or shutdown of device if using wired cable (not tried in win or mac yet)...it's strange because it never happens if I'm using wifi (only wired connection),and have to either replug cable or reboot modem.

Royal pain if using chromebox because chrome os defaults to sleep mode in 8 min (has no power settings),and so far only way around not losing wired connection is by using a plugin called "keep awake" which lets me set chrome to never sleep.
roscoojam

roscoojam

solved...telus replaced modem