join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

The Farscape Movie is Officially Happening

»io9.com/the-farscape-mov ··· cialflow
quote:
Back in February we brought you news that a Farscape movie was supposedly in the works. Now Rockne O'Bannon, creator and showrunner of the original series, has confirmed that the movie is, in fact, happening.

Confirmation comes by way of TV.com:

Just a little bit of, maybe interesting, information to report. ;-p Texting me from WonderCon, a very good friend of mine (@PaulBurrows) just left the Showrunners Panel at [WonderCon]. A panel member, non other than Rockne O'Bannon, the co-creator ofWarehouse 13, Defiance, and Revolution... who was also Farscape's creator and showrunner - has indeed CONFIRMED a Farscape movie is happening.

SpoilerTV followed up with a quote from O'Bannon establishing Justin Monjo's involvement:

"Yeah, yeah it's the worst kept secret…We're far from production, but yeah, the first step is Justin [Monjo] working on a script for us. We'll keep our fingers crossed."

Santa arrived early this year.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

I hope it comes to fruition and that all the cast members come back.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
Indeed,....

Very good news assuming nothing gets in the way of production. I'd really like to see something new from the franchise.

For what its worth, I do recall seeing Ben Browder in an episode of Dr Who and recall him seeming rather older then I recalled. While I have not seen Claudia Black in anything recently I did see a picture of her (I assume from some voice work production) and she looked older too.

I'm guessing Gigi Edgley might be the only one that actually looks somewhat the same.

That's a really minor issue though,..

I mean, they are getting the band back together !!!

(Yes that is a reference to a line in the show,... )

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

For what its worth, I do recall seeing Ben Browder in an episode of Dr Who and recall him seeming rather older then I recalled. While I have not seen Claudia Black in anything recently I did see a picture of her (I assume from some voice work production) and she looked older too.

Well she looked just fine, as an older chick, when Stargate SG-1 ended in 2007... and Ben Browder seemed to look the same as he did in Farscape. Fast forward a few years and he looked a bit thicker in Arrow but not by much, maybe it was the mustache in Dr. Who that made him look older?

DarkHelmet
join:2014-02-21

DarkHelmet to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
"Set to follow the awesome comics written by our favorite Keith R.A. DeCandido, the film would follow John and Aeryn's son, D'Argo (or Little D, as we will always refer to him). Because their baby was exhibiting a set of interesting powers that made him a magnet for galactic villains, we find that John and Aeryn hide their son on Earth to grow up. Now the kid is 19 and ready to go into space with his parents."

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Cool. Looking forward to this one.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to urbanriot

MVM

to urbanriot
Click for full size
said by urbanriot:

said by Octavean:

Well she looked just fine, as an older chick, when Stargate SG-1 ended in 2007... and Ben Browder seemed to look the same as he did in Farscape. Fast forward a few years and he looked a bit thicker in Arrow but not by much, maybe it was the mustache in Dr. Who that made him look older?

With respect to Ben it was probably the extra weight,...

Claudia Black just looked older to me overall. Not to say that this isn't understandable since we all age, gain weight and so on. I guess my point was that they can get the actors back together for a new project but if they do it should suggest the passage of time due to the fact that the actors don't look exactly the same.

I think its a given though at this point that the new project would involve some newer characters like Aeryn and Johns appropriately aged son. One would also think that Ka D'Argo would be omitted since this character was slain in "The Peacekeeper Wars"

DarkHelmet
join:2014-02-21

1 edit

DarkHelmet

said by Octavean:

said by urbanriot:

said by Octavean:

With respect to Ben it was probably the extra weight,...

Claudia Black just looked older to me overall. Not to say that this isn't understandable since we all age, gain weight and so on. I guess my point was that they can get the actors back together for a new project but if they do it should suggest the passage of time due to the fact that the actors don't look exactly the same.

I think its a given though at this point that the new project would involve some newer characters like Aeryn and Johns appropriately aged son. One would also think that Ka D'Argo would be omitted since this character was slain in "The Peacekeeper Wars"

From what I've read the movie will follow the Keith R.A. DeCandido comics.

Edit: Does anyone know much about the comics?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I don't. Heck, I wasn't aware of the comics.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to DarkHelmet

MVM

to DarkHelmet
I have not read them but I was aware of the comics. There is just too much that I want to read in order to keep up with everything,...

I was under the impression that Ka D'Argo was alive in the Keith R.A. DeCandido comics though and that doesn't sound like it would mesh well with where "The Peacekeeper Wars" ended off.
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

While i know it is a old topic ...

One rumor is it will start off with john and areyn and their son 19 years later on earth getting ready to head back to space. That is one rumor. This would follow well with both the comics and the ending of the movie when john proclaimed to his son while holding him in the air this is your playground.

as for dargo we never did see his body. And other characters that died were brought back later on. So loads of options. I hope it does follow the comics and the war with the kkore. that could be kick ass.