1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to DarkHelmet

Premium Member

to DarkHelmet

Re: [Green Tech] Cree 9W daylight bulb

I just don't know the longevity of it.. I would have to really have to do testing.. For easy to get to fixtures its OK.. But at say 30ft I'm not sure the amount of lunes will be enough... I assume both t8 and t12 put out over 2000 lumes

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by Subaru:

For easy to get to fixtures its OK.. But at say 30ft I'm not sure the amount of lunes will be enough... I assume both t8 and t12 put out over 2000 lumes

With that height you should consider converting to T5HO.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by robbin:

said by Subaru:

For easy to get to fixtures its OK.. But at say 30ft I'm not sure the amount of lunes will be enough... I assume both t8 and t12 put out over 2000 lumes

With that height you should consider converting to T5HO.

But that would require to change all the fixtures.. it's 6 fixtures per truss.. I don't remember the total off hand but it would be near 30 that would have to be changed out..

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by Subaru:

But that would require to change all the fixtures.. it's 6 fixtures per truss.. I don't remember the total off hand but it would be near 30 that would have to be changed out..

You can get retrofit kits that change a 4 tube T12 into a two tube T5. Greater than 50% energy savings and more lumens than the T12s. If the building is used much, it wouldn't take long to make up the retrofit expense with energy savings.
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

1 edit

iknow_t

said by robbin:

said by Subaru:

You can get retrofit kits that change a 4 tube T12 into a two tube T5. Greater than 50% energy savings and more lumens than the T12s. If the building is used much, it wouldn't take long to make up the retrofit expense with energy savings.

WOW, twice the light while using half the energy? it seems like a T8 bulb is as efficient as the T5 though.. and no adapter is needed. »buildipedia.com/aec-pros ··· omponent

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin
Well the truss lights are single tube T12's all this depending what I will do will have to be done in stages.