spc
Search similar:

uniqs
HDOrlando
join:2011-11-30

3 edits

HDOrlando

April Legal Notices/HD Anticipation Thread

The last Thursday of the month is this week and that means we will get our first peek at our monthly notice from Yimitz in Michigan. The rest of ours will follow between the Friday and Wednesday to follow.

If you come across a notice in your local paper, please post it here via upload or typing out a summary.

Please note the on or after date on notices when they are posted. Sometimes they launch on the date but on occasion they do launch after the date.

EPIX (1-3 HD and Drive-In SD) launch on or May 7 which is two weeks from Wednesday and I assume we will have a three-month free preview like TWC got.

Given how Starz finally launched everywhere this month and that were getting EPIX soon, I think BHN might be inclined to hold off on remaining possibilities so they have something to add in future quarters. Still, they could decide to add some things.

Here are some possibilities

- Nick Jr. HD and Nick Toons HD are the most high profile and expect them to be next.

-Aspire HD, Daystar HD, NHK World HD, Pivot HD, Revolt HD and Retirement Living (RLTV) HD could also be in play although if Daystar HD, Retirement Living TV HD and Aspire HD are indeed available, they could be more likely since BHN already has the SD channel although the others could all be in play too.

- SEC Network does not launch until late-August so even if a deal is struck, it will not be in the notice.

- Updates from here on out will be marginal and unless they ever get AXS.TV/HDNet Movies back, it's mostly going to be waiting for HD holdouts and Spanish-Speaking Channels to launch a HD channel. The big exciting updates are pretty much over when you have the best HD lineup anywhere.

Here are the channels on month to month agreements

Caracol TV (April 27)
CCTV News
GolTV (February 28)
Jewelry TV (April 30)
NHL Center Ice/NHL Network
Outdoor Channel (April 30)
WAPA America
Youtoo
Zap2it (Channel Guide for customers without a box. I am surprised this was not renewed in the WGN America deal although sometimes it's an extra month for networks to no longer be listed)

Bakersfield also has NUVO TV and RFD-TV on MTM's.

Other Notes

- MLB Network/Extra Innings/Strike Zone got renewed a few weeks ago.

- It was announced that FearNet would fold into Chiller although no date was given for this.

- The company that owns NUVO TV bought FUSE and it's likely that they will merge the channels with NUVO TV taking over FUSE's place. This is probably when everyone outside of Bakersfield gets it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

I will confess I am an RFD-TV guy.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

You've mentioned this. It doesn't sound like BHN wants to add it here but maybe it will happen as part of the renewal agreement although it could take a few years. I do believe FamilyNet has some RFD-TV programming. Hopefully, they will add it for you.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to HDOrlando

Premium Member

to HDOrlando
Well none of our other areas are exactly what you would call farming communities. The audience would be somewhat limited unlike Bakersfield. You might call it an acquired taste
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

That is true. Maybe in the deal, they will find a different way to structure things. Ex: Lower price for non-farming communities and higher tier for Bakersfield. You never know.
yimitz
join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI

yimitz to HDOrlando

to HDOrlando
Click for full size
Here is the Michigan notice for this month. Good news for Nick Jr. and Nicktoons fans.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

Yimitz: Thanks so much!

It's wonderful news that BHN is not holding off Nick Jr. HD and Nick Toons HD until another quarter.

I think many will also be happy about FS2 moving off of Sports Pass.

Thanks again.
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

1 edit

jwt0001 to HDOrlando

to HDOrlando
Click for full size
Click for full size
Two notices for Birmingham today. The first seems to change the date for Epix from May 7th to June 1st. It also announces the free preview. The second relates to the Nick HD channels.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

Here is Orlando's notice

Month to Month Agreements

CCTV News and WAPA America are off The MTM deals.

Change of Frequency

On or after June 1, 2014: WTMO Telemundo HD will change it's frequency and customers without a box will have to rescan.

On or after June 6, 2014: zap2it channel 97 will no longer be carried on analog. Basically, if you do not have a box, you need one of those adapters to continue to receive this channel.

On or after June 24, 2014: They re-announce that Fox Sports 2 SD/HD is moving from Sports Pass to Digital Basic (Now Premium Tier)

New Channels

EPIX is re-announced for On or BEFORE June 1, 2014

EPIX 364 and EPIX HD 1364
EPIX 2 365 and EPIX2 HD 1365
EPIX 3 HD 1366
EPIX Drive-In SD 367
EPIX On Demand 366

While it's delayed a little bit from the original May 7 date, they do mention at the end they may temporarily provide free previews of these services starting on or before June 1, 2014 and August 30, 2014. smile.gif

On or after June 1, 2014

Nick Jr. HD Channel 1110
Nicktoons HD Channel 1111

Note: Kind of disappointed they are not on 1103 and 1104 for the niece but ohh well.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

All in all

- The MTM list got shorter for some.
- EPIX might be delayed just a bit but it will be here by June 1
-- We got our Nick Jr. HD and Nicktoons HD channel numbers.

I would not expect anything next month and nothing until August when SEC Network launches.

The possibilities are drying up and that happens when you have such a great HD lineup.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Well none of our other areas are exactly what you would call farming communities. The audience would be somewhat limited unlike Bakersfield. You might call it an acquired taste

I don't know, even though you guys have the "inner city" mostly in Birmingham, I'm thinking there would be a non-negligible viewership in Birmingham, and the smaller Alabama markets, too.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

Here is Indiana's notice

Here is indy's notice via dotsdavid

NOTICE TO BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS CUSTOMERS This notice is to inform our Bright House Networks customers of upcoming changes to their cable programming lineup. From time to time our agreements with cable channels and television stations come up for renewal. While we do not anticipate any loss or disruption of service, regulations require us to notify you of the possibility of losing programming. Therefore, please be advised that our agreements with Gol TV, Jewelry TV, NHL Center Ice, NHL Network, Outdoor Channel, and Youtoo remain in effect on a month-to-month basis, but we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. We are working diligently at this time to come to acceptable and fair terms with all of these channels. On or after June 24, 2014 , the following channels will be repositioned from Sports Pass to the Premier TV Service tier: •Fox Sports 2Channel 428 •Fox Sports 2 HDChannel 1428 Bright House Networks utilizes a new digital video delivery technology known as Switched Digital Video (SDV). SDV is a robust bandwidth management system that makes it possible to offer more digital video programming services than before including new HD channels. To be able to offer more new video services, Bright House Networks will be moving some existing programming services to the new SDV system as well as adding new services on the SDV system. On or after June 1, 2014, the following services will be added to the SDV system: •Nick Jr. HDChannel 1110 •Nicktoons HDChannel 1111 These services will not be available on uni-directional retail devices as of the date(s) noted above. If you want to subscribe to these services, you will need a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor from Bright House Networks. Customers may continue to use their uni-directional retail device and CableCARD to receive video programming other than the programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers who also utilize a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor will be able to receive video programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers will be notified in advance of any other programming changes. For more information on Bright House Networks programming, please call 1-800-753-2253 or visit our website at www.brighthouse.com (S - 4/30/14 - 6140329) - 04/30
Can uck
join:2013-04-06
Altamonte Springs, FL

Can uck to HDOrlando

to HDOrlando
Thanks HDOrlando.

Since Fox Sports2 is moving to digital basic here in CFL, I wonder if we will get it on our
DTA lineups? That would be super if so.
jrmitchell72
join:2013-12-30
Rockledge, FL

jrmitchell72 to HDOrlando

to HDOrlando
said by HDOrlando:

Note: Kind of disappointed they are not on 1103 and 1104 for the niece but ohh well.

Seriously! I guess that would have been to simple for us customers.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

Canuck: You should ask Gary.

jrmitchell72: Just thought they should be next to the main Nick like the Disney channels are together.
jwb1977
join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL

jwb1977

Along those lines, wonder if EPIX HD will also be MPEG4 similar to Starz
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by jwb1977:

Along those lines, wonder if EPIX HD will also be MPEG4 similar to Starz

As of this moment no. I will double check that. I have update another Epix thread for important info.
jwb1977
join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL

jwb1977

Thanks, I just found the other thread. I'll look out for an update. Its looking like a good year indeed.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax to HDOrlando

Premium Member

to HDOrlando
Supposedly going all digital can at least technically allow us to pick and choose the individual channels we want. Every time I learn there are yet more new sports and kiddie channels I have to have (and pay for via rate increases) whether I want them or not I get nauseous. I could probably save $50+/month if I could remove all the sports and kiddie channels.
jrmitchell72
join:2013-12-30
Rockledge, FL

jrmitchell72 to HDOrlando

to HDOrlando
said by HDOrlando:

jrmitchell72: Just thought they should be next to the main Nick like the Disney channels are together.

Yes, I agree. And if those channels are reserved for more Disney, then 1100 and 1101 could have worked too.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

astyanax9: Maybe that will happen one day but not the way the system is going.

jrmitchell72: Definitely. Maybe it was a typo as channel number have slightly changed in the past.

Pixiloxx
join:2013-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Pixiloxx to Astyanax

to Astyanax
said by Astyanax:

Supposedly going all digital can at least technically allow us to pick and choose the individual channels we want. Every time I learn there are yet more new sports and kiddie channels I have to have (and pay for via rate increases) whether I want them or not I get nauseous. I could probably save $50+/month if I could remove all the sports and kiddie channels.

While it would be nice to pick and choose, I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. I don't mind paying for sports as that's what I watch the most, but close to 80% of the other channels I could do without.
yimitz
join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI

yimitz to HDOrlando

to HDOrlando
I found another Michigan notice in today's paper. It's the same info as Birmingham's Epix notice (except for the channel numbers).