« *sigh*
This is a sub-selection from Just Say No
Albert71292
join:2004-10-31
West Monroe, LA

Albert71292 to jmn1207

to jmn1207

Re: Just Say No

I live in a Comcast area, but so far haven't used them for anything. Dropped Dish Network a few years ago, not because of customer service, but got tired of paying for 250 channels showing nothing but "reality show" crap. Still getting my internet from a local DSL provider, since it's not capped like Comcast is.

If this deal goes through, Comcast will probably start capping Time Warner customers monthly usage, which, the way I understand, is currently not capped.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

said by Albert71292:

If this deal goes through, Comcast will probably start capping Time Warner customers monthly usage, which, the way I understand, is currently not capped.

Probably, but we (TWC subs) most likely will get faster internet speeds and much better TV hardware than we are getting now.

So it is a trade off between CAPS or faster internet speeds, newer TV hardware and a much better TV UI.
dfxmatt
join:2007-08-21
Crystal Lake, IL

dfxmatt

That's not a trade you should have to be making. That's a choice between a loss and a loss.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

Funny I don't see it that way.

1. TWC doesn't want to be in this business, they've made it perfectly clear.

2. If a CC deal gets approved as it is I will loose my uncapped status but I will gain in internet speeds I currently have 75/5 and CC can offer me +300/20 more in the future.

3. The old TV hardware that I have with TWC will be replaced with better CC hardware.

4. I'm paying more... a lot more to TWC for the same level of service that CC offers.

5. If restrictions are introduced as a condition then we'll be better off
»www.wired.com/2014/04/7- ··· -merger/
dfxmatt
join:2007-08-21
Crystal Lake, IL

dfxmatt

Not true and never will be.

Restrictions that have been introduced thus far have been a complete *lack* of restrictions. That's wishful thinking.

TWC is bad, but letting comcast absorb them won't improve anything either.
« *sigh*
This is a sub-selection from Just Say No