spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mlcarson
join:2001-09-20
Santa Maria, CA

mlcarson

Customer Service

Comcast Customer Service is like most these days. They hire the cheapest people they can that know how to answer a phone and read a script. This is totally inadequate to handle a technical problem beyond turning your equipment off and back on again. There's no way to talk to a real technician over the phone.

If a tech comes to your house, he'll simply take a signal reading, replace splitters, and cut the ends off all your cables and reterminate them. You can never get a line tech without going through another service call at least once. If you have intermittent issues this is an exercise in frustration because you have to be home for repeated tech calls that don't have the skills/equipment to diagnose the issue so they do the same things listed above over and over again. I went through this for months with a signal ingress issue somewhere in their network (not at my end).

Customer service almost never knows of maintenance activity or other service issues in your neighborhood. There doesn't seem to be any communication between the local Comcast provider and the large call centers.

I don't see how they can ever improve their ratings without doing some fundamental changes like also providing local support and that's just not economical for them.