nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to DarkHelmet

to DarkHelmet

Re: House needs some work.

said by DarkHelmet:

said by nonymous:

I am not risking that by taking out any more loans no matter how cheap.

That's where the problem lies. The risk is having your money sitting in a property that will rise and fall no matter who owns it. A $200,000 house going up to $250,000 will do that whether you own it outright or you have $20,000 invested in it. The difference is I have $180,000 to invest at 5-8% plus I get that same $50,000 increase. You get just the $50,000 increase. In 10 years we both get the same property increase say $100,000 but I have $360,000 on top of that. In another 10 years I have $720,000 more then you as we both get the $150,000 property increase. The risk is in owning your property outright. Even if you need to pay the mortgage with savings because you're unemployed you still come out ahead. Math is pretty black and white.

Unless you have a secure investment it could also go totally belly up. Out the investment and still have the house loan. I will still have a place to live no matter what its price is.
You are counting on always making 8 to 9 percent with no downside.

DarkHelmet
join:2014-02-21

DarkHelmet

said by nonymous:

said by DarkHelmet:

said by nonymous:

I am not risking that by taking out any more loans no matter how cheap.

That's where the problem lies. The risk is having your money sitting in a property that will rise and fall no matter who owns it. A $200,000 house going up to $250,000 will do that whether you own it outright or you have $20,000 invested in it. The difference is I have $180,000 to invest at 5-8% plus I get that same $50,000 increase. You get just the $50,000 increase. In 10 years we both get the same property increase say $100,000 but I have $360,000 on top of that. In another 10 years I have $720,000 more then you as we both get the $150,000 property increase. The risk is in owning your property outright. Even if you need to pay the mortgage with savings because you're unemployed you still come out ahead. Math is pretty black and white.

Unless you have a secure investment it could also go totally belly up. Out the investment and still have the house loan. I will still have a place to live no matter what its price is.
You are counting on always making 8 to 9 percent with no downside.

Which it has done averaged over many many decades reliably. Stuff rises and falls all the time but a net gain is undeniable. Even a 1% gain is more then investing extra into property. If history isn't something you learn or believe then ignore what I said.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

said by DarkHelmet:

Which it has done averaged over many many decades reliably. Stuff rises and falls all the time but a net gain is undeniable. Even a 1% gain is more then investing extra into property. If history isn't something you learn or believe then ignore what I said.

But you have money. A super low job for you would be big money for most I guess. If you are married and your wife had say a medical problem and could not work divorce her ass and get a new cash wife. All life is how much you make.
if you lose lose big jump out the window on wall street and you all have the same financial broker on the way down. pretty smash.