join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

1 edit

2 recommendations

sashwa

Mod

With deep sadness

It is with deep sadness that I bring you all some very sad news.

lilhurricane See Profile passed away at home last night. She will be missed greatly.

»Tragedy

»ohhh lil, dearest lil

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

2 recommendations

rcnman

Premium Member

From me and the RCN Family, I want to state that this is a loss that stings all of us.. many of the RCN members and customers on this forum have interacted with Lisa "lilhurricane" on multiple occasions and she was ever so pleasant to deal with, she was always the best in ensuring that I would take a look at a customer issue that I may have not been in the loop on, a thread that may have gone overlooked. She supported a wide array of items on DSLR, she will be sadly missed...

Jason Nealis
V.P. Engineering / Operations
RCN
areyesrn
join:2005-12-24
Wilmington, DE

2 recommendations

areyesrn to sashwa

to sashwa
this is awful...she had been extremely helpful on this forum...

thank you for everything!!!

rest in peace

robgraves
join:2010-07-23
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

robgraves to sashwa

to sashwa
So sad to hear this news. She will be missed.
rowerowe
join:2013-07-31
Pen Argyl, PA

1 recommendation

rowerowe to sashwa

to sashwa
Wow. I opened the thread but didn't read it. On another thread, I saw her signature say 'Cancer will not win' and automatically, I switched to this tab to see if it was her.

She was very helpful... she had messaged me so much information and explained her setup to me quite a few times. From what I saw when I first 'met' her, she typically helped this forum out pretty well.

She will definitely be missed. I do not even know her personally, but now my day has been changed from great, to just alright. Every time I had a question about optimizing my Windows Internet and TCP settings.

She will be missed -- she did a great job on this forum, and I appreciate it.
System

to sashwa

Anon

to sashwa
This topic has been un-stickied by sashwa See Profile

artjohn
Premium Member
join:2000-11-17
Chevy Chase, MD

1 recommendation

artjohn to sashwa

Premium Member

to sashwa

Re: With deep sadness

Very sad indeed; so kind and helpful to everyone in this community. May her memory be a blessing for all who knew her.

st89jebn
Premium Member
join:2009-07-22
Drexel Hill, PA

1 recommendation

st89jebn

Premium Member

Wow! Just saw this. She was always very responsive and helpful here. May her soul rest in peace!

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

2 edits

sashwa

Mod

So many of you have asked if there is something special you can do to honor lilhurricane See Profile.

We took some time to be thoughtful about what would be appropriate. We decided to set up a formal paypal account for her daughter to help with expenses for her college education.

Out of respect for lilhurricane's privacy ... and because her daughter is still a teenager we are NOT going to publish her name ... but we want to assure you that anything that is donated to this fund will be spent responsibly and DIRECTLY by lilhurricane's daughter to further her education and associated expenses.

Please know that if you make a donation it is NOT tax deductible ... it is simply ... a gift. Our site has no direct management of the donations ... we are simply letting everyone know that this is a beautiful way to acknowledge lilhurricane and we can confirm that the paypal account is in fact single designated for the sole use of her daughter.

In no way are we soliciting or encouraging anyone to donate. This account was truly set up out of the abundance of inquiries as to whether anyone could do something special to honor Lisa's memory.

If you would like to donate ... via PAYPAL ... please use: remembering.lil@gmail.com ...