mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3

4 recommendations

[Serious] More Sadness, this at Discovery

»Tragedy

Such a difficult time for our communities of crunchers.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

2 edits

6 recommendations

There is also an announcement posted in the Software Forum where lilhurricane See Profile was a forum moderator and one in the Comcast Forum.

»ohhh lil, dearest lil

»Sad news

As she was very well known all over the site, I suspect there will be others.

This is so very sad.
--
Join Team Helix

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

3 recommendations

reply to mattmag

She certainly will be missed.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5

3 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Thanks for providing the links. She was one of the first people that I met here on bbr ....

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17

5 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Rest in Peace, lil. I will miss you dearly.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
Reviews:
·Mediacom

4 recommendations

reply to mattmag

R.I.P. Lil! You'll always be in our hearts & prayers. And as long as we remember her, she'll always be close to us. Farewell.
--
sudo is dangerous but root is death!

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9

4 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Thank you both for the links. She was active in Security, too. The site won't be the same without her.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast

4 recommendations

reply to mattmag

It is just so shocking to hear this news... may she RIP, she was loved by many.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

3 recommendations

reply to onDvine

Security, yes. WCB posted there.

»With very deep sadness ....
--
Join Team Helix

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz

4 recommendations

reply to onDvine

There are also posts in her forums as well about this.

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL
kudos:1

3 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Rest in Peace, Lisa.

TwoFrogs
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Downtown

6 recommendations

reply to mattmag

I am so saddened by this news. lilhurricane See Profile was a sprite, the spirit of DSLR -- I think that I saw her post in every forum here that I ever lurked in. She was helpful to, and genuinely interested in, everyone she came in contact with. Condolences to her family.

RIP lil.

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium
join:2003-10-14
Rosa's Place

2 recommendations

reply to mattmag

She was a wonderful person. So sad.

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium
join:2004-05-06
Cypress, CA
kudos:4

5 recommendations

reply to mattmag

This news tears a huge hole in mine and the Site's heart..Over the years we talked countless times as did most of you and I felt she was much, much more than just a Teammate. An incredibly caring and warm human being..makes me really sad..

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

8 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Such incredibly sad news.

I extend my sympathies to her family, to her friends, and to all who knew and loved her. What an immense loss to all.

--
"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

4 recommendations

reply to mattmag

RIP
Purple seems a shade more dim.

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind

1 edit

4 recommendations

reply to mattmag

I'm deeply sadden to hear that a good friend of mine has suddenly passed away.
My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Rest in peace Lisa.
--
giz~

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

3 recommendations

reply to mattmag

God bless you, lilhurricane, may you be in the better place, you were always kind and fair, your light shined brightly. This saddens me greatly. Rest in Peace, Ma'am.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT

3 recommendations

reply to squirt

said by squirt:

Thanks for providing the links. She was one of the first people that I met here on bbr ....

Same here. Really sad news.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

reply to mattmag

My love of the purple side of the light spectrum takes on a new meaning. I had a number of chats with her about the color purple (what with me having worked in the "light business").

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

13 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Death is hard....especially on those left behind. Ive experienced too much of it in my lifetime. At some point I chose that rather than mourn the loss of someone I would rather celebrate the life they lived. Lisa lived a good life. She was caring and funny. She was energetic and hard working. And she was passionate! She loved our little DC community and she threw herself into it as much or more than anyone else here ever has. She helped make our teams strong and fun and a place people wanted to hang out and do our thing....searching for cures,having a laugh or sometimes even a good cry. She will certainly be missed around here,but the good she has done will live on and on. R.I.P Lisa!
--
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
Team Helix- Folding@Home and Rosetta@Home

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

7 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Lisa was an almost omnipresent beacon of good energy, of positive thoughts and encouragement, and a pillar of strength and determination. From my first encounter with her, I've always thought "this is someone I'd like to be more like -- she's got more positive energy and spirit than anyone I've ever met", and I will continue to strive for that.

The DC community, and indeed the whole world, has lost a treasure, and a soul-and-heart that made everyone's day seem like the rays of sunshine after the hurricane had passed over them.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

9 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Click for full size
I don't think there is a soul in all of BBR this fine lady hasn't befriended, or touched in some way.
Lisa was one of my first good buddies here, and no doubt was friends to countless others.

This has left me incredibly shocked, sad, and lost!

I will miss her intensely!

Fair well lady!

My sincere condolences to her family, and friends.

santy
Don't Follow Me, I'M Lost Too
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-10
Wilmington, IL

5 recommendations

reply to mattmag

A little late but. R.I.P Lisa, you will be missed. I didn't have many conversations with her but she always had positive things to say. My prayers, condolences, and deepest sympathies go out to all friends and family in this time of grief. Remember the good times and she will be with us forever.
--
You don't quit playing 'cause you're OLD. You're old BECAUSE you quit playing!!

SCOTTSAK
Anything That Falls On The Floor Is Mine
Premium
join:2000-10-29
San Mateo, CA

1 recommendation

reply to mattmag

Sad times at bbr. RIP

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

8 recommendations

reply to mattmag

So many of you have asked if there is something special you can do to honor lilhurricane See Profile.

We took some time to be thoughtful about what would be appropriate. We decided to set up a formal paypal account for her daughter to help with expenses for her college education.

Out of respect for lilhurricane's privacy ... and because her daughter is still a teenager we are NOT going to publish her name ... but we want to assure you that anything that is donated to this fund will be spent responsibly and DIRECTLY by lilhurricane's daughter to further her education and associated expenses.

Please know that if you make a donation it is NOT tax deductible ... it is simply ... a gift. Our site has no direct management of the donations ... we are simply letting everyone know that this is a beautiful way to acknowledge lilhurricane and we can confirm that the paypal account is in fact single designated for the sole use of her daughter.

In no way are we soliciting or encouraging anyone to donate. This account was truly set up out of the abundance of inquiries as to whether anyone could do something special to honor Lisa's memory.

If you would like to donate ... via PAYPAL ... please use: remembering.lil@gmail.com .....

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT

Sashwa thanks so much for the information.