uniqs

Jon Geb
Long time member
join:2001-01-09
Howell, MI

Jon Geb to jtackett

to jtackett

Re: Already confirmed it won't be happening in my hood

All copper services are in place, nothing new will be installed. Either AT&T starts deploying fiber or they focus on Wireless and scuttle all interest in fixed internet connections.
SG79
join:2009-05-27
New York, NY

5 recommendations

SG79

What new "Project Name" will AT&T come up with next? First it was "Project Pronto". Then "Project Lightspeed". Now "Project VIP"?

I've been waiting for 768kb DSL to get upgraded (live in a big suburb of LA) for the last 10 YEARS, and AT&T hasn't budged. First was promised an RT would be installed in my neighborhood. Then, 7 years later, a VRAD. Now AT&T's gonna bring fiber?

This is a load of crap, and Karl's right for doubting AT&T. They're first to put out a press release, and then sit around on their butts counting their dollars.

I'm ready to dump AT&T for ANY competitor that offers faster speeds (yes, even Time Warner, if they ever roll out MAXX this year).

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

said by SG79:

What new "Project Name" will AT&T come up with next? First it was "Project Pronto". Then "Project Lightspeed". Now "Project VIP"?

I've been waiting for 768kb DSL to get upgraded (live in a big suburb of LA) for the last 10 YEARS, and AT&T hasn't budged. First was promised an RT would be installed in my neighborhood. Then, 7 years later, a VRAD. Now AT&T's gonna bring fiber?

This is a load of crap, and Karl's right for doubting AT&T. They're first to put out a press release, and then sit around on their butts counting their dollars.

I'm ready to dump AT&T for ANY competitor that offers faster speeds (yes, even Time Warner, if they ever roll out MAXX this year).

Time Warner is just as bad, they have loads of TV ads for 100/5 even though no one in the state can sign up for it. It's a load of crap.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to SG79

to SG79
said by SG79:

right there with you man. I live in an neighborhood that just got 45Mbps UVerse offered for the longest it was 24Mbps tops lol! at one point the highest ADSL I could get was 3Mbps and then when Uverse was rolled out they offered 6Mbps over legacy ADSL for several years. I got rid of the 6Mbps tier and went with TWC because TWC rolled out their 30Mbps and 50Mbps tiers in the Dallas are in 2010 and I got the 30Mbps tier and was happy to get what I was paying for recently I had to drop down to standard to due a financial hardship but still happy with service I get 16.7Mbps down on average and 1.1Mbps up all the time was getting 35Mbps down and 5.9Mbps on on Extreme

fg8578
join:2009-04-26
San Antonio, TX

fg8578 to SG79

to SG79
said by SG79:

I know what you mean. I lived in a fairly nice part of San Antonio (several Spurs were said to live in the neighborhood), but we couldn't get U-Verse (this was back in the mid-2000s). So we went with TWC for cable but AT&T DSL for Internet. It was OK.

After waiting about a year, we finally got U-Verse and were very happy with it. It was not FTTH, and I never did a speed test, but we didn't watch much video so it suited us.

anbs
@charter.com

anbs to SG79

Anon

to SG79
go for sat 5mb/s