spc
Search similar:

uniqs

edp
@electronicbox.net

edp

Anon

[Cable] Service interruption + can't reach support

Hi there, I'm from Montreal and I had your service for 2 months now.

It's fast 'n cheap.

However, for some reasons I got some shortage from time to time. Connection drops for no reason (says DNS servers are down).
Then, to get some feedback from support it takes about a week. I'm still waiting for the confirmation on 2 referrals. Oh, and your billing dept email address is down (mail demon).

Thanks

Baroness
join:2013-11-19
Canada

Baroness

When windows says you have a DNS problem, you usually don't. It usually means you have wireless device that dropped the connection to the modem. If Ebox's DNS would simply go down, they wouldn't have any customer.

pbear
@electronicbox.net

pbear

Anon

I get it but I'm linked directly into the modem.

Baroness
Canada

Baroness to edp

to edp
Is it possible that the network card used for the direct connection has some remnants of an old provider? Have you verified?

Does your modem behave normally when the problem occurs?

gravufo
Coming from another world
join:2010-10-27
Saint-Laurent, QC

gravufo to Baroness

to Baroness
said by Baroness:

If Ebox's DNS would simply go down, they wouldn't have any customer.

Actually, Ebox's DNS went down the other day for me. I simply couldn't contact their DNS' IP address. I had to switch to Google DNS in order to get service. (thank god Google DNS is easy to remember haha)
LanAdmin
join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

LanAdmin to edp

to edp
I have three DNS in the DHCP of my router:

If Ebox DNS doesn't answer I don't even notice it.

Ebox_Eric
join:2012-04-07

Ebox_Eric to edp

to edp
Hello when your computer is saying your dns server is down it most likely is because your modem is offline. What is important to check at that moment is if the online light on your modem is off, blinking or fully light up. If is either off or blinking then your modem is offline and this is the cause of your issue. If how ever the online light on your modem is fully light up then the issue is different. Can you send me a PM with your client code and I will gladly monitor your connection to verify if the modem is loosing sync.

Baroness
Canada

Baroness to gravufo

to gravufo
Maybe you couldn't contact the DNS server but it doesn't mean it was down at that moment.

I've never had this problem so I'd be curious to know how you found out.
LanAdmin
join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

LanAdmin

It has happened at least once.

gravufo
Coming from another world
join:2010-10-27
Saint-Laurent, QC

gravufo to Baroness

to Baroness
said by Baroness:

Maybe you couldn't contact the DNS server but it doesn't mean it was down at that moment.

I've never had this problem so I'd be curious to know how you found out.

Me? It's quite simple. You just take the address that the DHCP server shoots you and test it. It doesn't work. You switch it out for Google's DNS and it instantly works.

Either Ebox's DHCP server is fucked up, either their DNS was down (at least for part of their users)