Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[Pricing] Got a call from Verizon Wireless

I just got a call from Verizon Wireless offering to save money on my plan by lowering my data since I don't use that much data but I declined since I vary from month to month.

I wonder if this is so they can run up overages.
--
Stop the Comcast-Time Warner merger, I'd rather Time Warner buy out Comcast.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
Yes it is.

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
reply to IowaCowboy
You do know you can move the data up or down each month if you wanted, and from the website. Using too much this month? Up it and backdate it to the current cycle.

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
reply to IowaCowboy
VZW once contacted me and tried to convince me it was a good idea to give up my unlimited data for unlimited minutes even though I've never come close to using 25% of the 700 minutes I currently have.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
I certainly hope unlimited stays around for awhile. Because if Verizon really wanted to they could just cancel it and force everyone to either get one of the newer data plans or leave.

I would need to leave because my bill would go up at least $840 more a year if I had to go from my current grandfathered unlimited to one of the new plans.

But by being on the grandfathered plan it cost so much less. Even with having to pay full price for a new phone I still would save over $1k in a two year period. But I prefer to get a used phone at 40% of that cost and save even more.

Although if a new Nexus phone comes out and it can be used with Verizon Wireless, I will be picking up that to replace my current Droid DNA phone.

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
·ooma
·VOIPO
·Verizon Broadban..
reply to IowaCowboy
You can still get unlimited.

Here's the trick. You *HAVE* to be on one of the old plans. Where you pay for minutes. You cannot have unlimited minutes/text for this to work.

Find out if your company does business with Verizon. Then find out who your rep is. Call the rep up and ask them to put you on the "Good Corporate Data Plan". $27.99/mo for unlimited.

Guess what? When you go in and trade up your phone, the unlimited plan moves to the new, subsidized phone.

The pit fall is, no free tethering. That's another $30.

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
said by ke4pym:

Here's the trick. You *HAVE* to be on one of the old plans. Where you pay for minutes. You cannot have unlimited minutes/text for this to work.

Find out if your company does business with Verizon. Then find out who your rep is. Call the rep up and ask them to put you on the "Good Corporate Data Plan". $27.99/mo for unlimited.

Guess what? When you go in and trade up your phone, the unlimited plan moves to the new, subsidized phone.

Your company's business plan doesnt qualify for you........

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
·ooma
·VOIPO
·Verizon Broadban..
said by tdumaine:

said by ke4pym:

Your company's business plan doesnt qualify for you........

Never said it did. My company's business plan is actually the share everything. The two are separate things. Your company rep should be able to tinker with your personal phone. Mine can.