Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to sempergoofy

Mod

to sempergoofy

Re: [Electrical] Enerlites USB charging outlets

said by sempergoofy:

It has the one set of side screws, and push in connectors where the wires go under the screw nut.

Looks like there are holes for two wires for each screw on the back. As those are clamping connections there is no problem putting two wires to one screw.

No idea on code inspection.

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy

Premium Member

said by robbin:

Looks like there are holes for two wires for each screw on the back. As those are clamping connections there is no problem putting two wires to one screw.

One set of holes is for #12/#14 wire, the other is for #10 wire.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by sempergoofy:

said by robbin:

One set of holes is for #12/#14 wire, the other is for #10 wire.

Both holes certainly look the same size in the pictures, even when you magnify them. Are you sure that each hole is rated for 10, 12 or 14 gauge wire? That would make a lot more sense and be quite common.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by Msradell:

Are you sure that each hole is rated for 10, 12 or 14 gauge wire?

Since they are clamping connections I can't imagine how it would matter.

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy to Msradell

Premium Member

to Msradell
Click for full size
back photo
said by Msradell:

Both holes certainly look the same size in the pictures, even when you magnify them. Are you sure that each hole is rated for 10, 12 or 14 gauge wire? That would make a lot more sense and be quite common.

I can't fault your logic, but what do you conclude when you read the labeling? I just snapped this photo.